Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. Since we live in a very rural area we are able to be pretty self sufficient but in times of distress things can go to hell in a hand basket pretty quickly. Luckily we have two other families within a mile of us who are a part of our three-member MAG (mutual assistance group) or "planned community" and we have been having meetings and prepping for two years now. Two of our family units ( :shock: boy, that sounds official doesn't it?) only have one wife and one husband and the third family unit has a mother, father, and one late teen still at home. All seven of us are 100% on board with this prepping thing and each has special skills to offer our "planned community". I'll share more about our arrangements on an as-needed basis as time goes by.

I hope to be able to share and to learn here.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Howdy from Texas,

You have absolutely come to a wonderful place. We've been prepping for a better future for over 12 years and for us each day does look brighter.

It's been our experience to learn and benefit from others who have come before us. It is our secret recipe for avoiding the mistakes and pitfall of others. Learn, practice and horn your skills. I hope to see many post from you so that we can benefit from you as well.

Hope for the best and prep for the worst! This requires making plans and re-evaluating those plans (from time to time). Now is a better time to start than any.

Warmest regards,
Troy B

·
Registered
887 Posts
Welcome from Oregon. Working on my self sufficincy daily. I have 2 1/2 acres and am resource rich where Im at. Its great to do that. I need to learn how to do multi generational seeding. However being a green state most of our experience is in medical marijuana as far as seeding and altering genetics through seed selection.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hello from michigan is there 1 thing you are prepping for over all the others ?? D"
We started out about three years ago prepping for weather related emergencies and shortly after we added major electrical power failure to our prepping efforts. Now with all the civil unhappiness in our country and the total dissatisfaction and fear with our government we have shifted some of our focus to prepping for civil uprisings and governmental suppression.

So to answer your question - yes there was one thing to begin with but as the past two or three years has gone by we have morphed into a multi-purpose prep group. I think I'll go to a different forum here to explain our "planned community" efforts so that others can read about it, too.

·
Administrator
15,029 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts