Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tsunami 1 meters high is confirmed near Solomon Islands early Wednesday.

So, my thoughts are, there should be an alert type system in place from these warning centers like they do with skywarn systems (tornados). Does anyone know an app or something that does this? Provided the phone service or wifi is up and running at the time of something like this.

Powerful quake strikes off Solomon Islands - CNN.com

·
Registered
492 Posts
Tsunami 1 meters high is confirmed near Solomon Islands early Wednesday.

So, my thoughts are, there should be an alert type system in place from these warning centers like they do with skywarn systems (tornados). Does anyone know an app or something that does this? Provided the phone service or wifi is up and running at the time of something like this.

Powerful quake strikes off Solomon Islands - CNN.com
When the tide really rolls out and leaves boats on their sides and fish on their sides, don't panic or cause widespread panic. Just quietly excuse yourself, saying you need to get a bucket to carry the fish or get your camera. Now grab your wife, kids, dog, cell phone, ipod, ice chest, room keys, towels (remember, they charge you for those damn towels) and if possible your mother-in-law (mother-in law is optional) And run like you have a hubcap under your arm. If you can manage to get to a vehicle, drive it like you stole it. (well first, steal it! Duhhh.) Sell your cell video to the liberal media and bank. Later you can write a book detailing your ordeal. Surprise me with the happy ending. Don't tell me if the mother-in-law makes it.

punch (keepin it real)

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
When the tide really rolls out and leaves boats on their sides and fish on their sides, don't panic or cause widespread panic. Just quietly excuse yourself, saying you need to get a bucket to carry the fish or get your camera. Now grab your wife, kids, dog, cell phone, ipod, ice chest, room keys, towels (remember, they charge you for those damn towels) and if possible your mother-in-law (mother-in law is optional) And run like you have a hubcap under your arm. If you can manage to get to a vehicle, drive it like you stole it. (well first, steal it! Duhhh.) Sell your cell video to the liberal media and bank. Later you can write a book detailing your ordeal. Surprise me with the happy ending. Don't tell me if the mother-in-law makes it.

punch (keepin it real)
:mrgreen:
You really should write a book!

·
Registered
887 Posts
There was a similar swarm around the pagan volcano just north of it closer to Japan that occured around Christmas. They were mostly 4.+ and nowhere near the 8.0 which would be devastating to most population centers.. Its been the most geologically area on Earth over the past several months.

This current swarm is behaving strangely as its spreading east west across diffferent faults. I suppose those are aftershocks to the original quake. ie Tonga and New Caledonia

1 - 9 of 9 Posts