Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
well, he certainly has the sweet side of prep food covered .... honey, syrup and granulated sugar - he didn't mention hard candy - that's another sugar form that stores forever ....

you can add most steak sauces and hot sauces into the same category of soy sauce - salt, vinegar and spices ect ect

vanilla extract added to powered milk and just a pinch of sugar really helps the taste ....

not sure why he didn't throw in salt - that's actually a necessity in life ....

·
Registered
232 Posts
With regard to honey I would suggest that folks buy and store local honey. There is evidence that eating local honey can help with allergies since the pollen is harvested from plants and trees local to you. In the meantime it also helps support your local economy.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
For honey you do not want pasteurized. It removes so much of the goodness in terms of health from it. Maple syrup? Who doesn't have at least a gallon of the stuff at all times!?! And back bacon. You should always have that too. If you can't cook it on your bbq while sucking back a molson in the dead of winter you really haven't lived!

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Never knew that about soy sauce. Thanks. As another poster mentioned, salt lasts pretty much forever as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments guys. I just chose 6 items from my food storage nearly at random so forgive me for leaving out salt.

·
Registered
11,811 Posts
Good post. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts