Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
936 Posts
57 and going strong.

·
Registered
936 Posts
While this is my demographic, (50-something), I wonder since there are fewer people in the generations that follow us baby-boomers...

How many preppers are under 50 years old? on this forum?

More older Texans are packing heat | Top Stories | News from Fort Worth, Dallas, Arlingt...
I think the article is spot on. Us aging Boomers do have more to lose and physically, we're not as able to defend ourselves as we were when we were younger. I know this is true for my wife and me. Add to that our perception that society is getting meaner all the time and I think Boomers will continue to lead the way in concealed carry.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mid 60's here and I carry every time I leave the home. The world situation is different from 30 years ago and I don't mean better. Young people think older people are easy targets, especially when they have several of their friends with them. The msm does not report the mob violence going on across the nation but it is. Older people can not run as fast as they once could (at least I cant but I can shoot a lot better now).

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Mid 60's here and I carry every time I leave the home. The world situation is different from 30 years ago and I don't mean better. Young people think older people are easy targets, especially when they have several of their friends with them. The msm does not report the mob violence going on across the nation but it is. Older people can not run as fast as they once could (at least I cant but I can shoot a lot better now).
I pity the punks who would pick on this old guy(me)I would try to walk away from it, or, if I had to, cut them or shoot them.mister 9mm is only one of my force multipliers.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My 70 year old neighbor tells me a great story. He is driving through a neighborhood one day trying to get to a job site (he is a builder) and these two contractors have the road blocked, chatting from the driver's seats. He gives them a honk...they don't move. Another honk...no movement. He gets out to go and ask the guy to clear the road and this guy gets bowed up. "Are we going to have an argument?!"

My neighbor pulls out a snub .38 and says, "let me show you how old men settle arguments."

...The guy moved his truck.

·
Registered
723 Posts
58 here. Got my CCW in Jan, this year. But have carried one in the car since the mid eighties. What started me then was some random violence on the interstate hwys. Punks were randomly waving guns and forcing people over to rob them. If you didn't stop they fired on you. All this stuff is nothing new, just more of it and of course the new media has to put their spin on it. What's that that our Attorney General said? " Never let a crisis go to waste."

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I started carrying concealed in 1971 (when I was of age) and I am 63 and still carrying.

Reactions: CWOLDOJAX

·
Registered
22 Posts
72 in December, have a KY CCDW, and carry a Beretta PX4 Storm Compact everywhere I go. I started packing heat in 1970 when I got out of the Army.

My daughter (38) packs a Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro that I gave her.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts