Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Back on the commuter bike. 20 miles round trip with lots of hills.

Huffing and puffing working hard but the lbs are dropping off.

Guess I've found the one postive thing about having 10 CAD/gallon gas.

Godspeed
I may need some tips on trying to get to work 2 miles off and back home twice a day in reasonable weather on the geriatric tricycle. I told the Warden I need an electric Motor and battery by Christimas or maybe Thanksgiving since thats near my birthday. She seems receptive. Whats a Mother to do? Thanks.

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
25 years ago I purchased a Honda 450. Riding in the mountains of Colorado where we lived (Allenspark) down to CU at Boulder it had just enough power to ride alone. Last year I bought a Honda Shadow 600. I get about 50 plus miles to the gallon up here. My commute to work 4 days a week is 11.5 miles each way. In the winter I have to drive my 4 wheel drive Avalanche which loves gasoline, but if it is over 40 degrees I put on the ski pants and coat and ride the motorcycle. It is part of my telling the world I won't bow.
I started with a Honda 360 CB at age 21. Very good little bike. Rode it from Corpus to Wichita Falls and back..around a thousand miles. Gave me a heck of a sore butt. lol. Snagged a Suzuki 1100 four banger after that. That bike was fast. lol. My wife said if I bought another or an airplane she would divorce me. lol. She dont seem to equate my possibly soon to be electrifed geriatric tricycle with a motor cycle..cause she said I could have a motor and battery since the neighbor knows how to put it on supposedly. lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts