Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I know some are seeing this is my first post and my have some opinions already but what the hell........ I just thought of this and searched out a forum to join for this reason.

I want to trade some 5.45 ammo for 9mm. Hopefully the ship will stop sinking and things, i.e. the price and availability of ammo and such, will come back to a somewhat normal status. But in the meantime I was behind the eightball with my preps. Yes, I put off year after year knowing this sh#% would happen. LOOKING FOR A 1 for 1 trade. Around 300 rounds or so?

So, not sure how this works since like I said, first post and new here. You senior member can chime in words of advice.

Btw, my name is John. 12 years current LEO. prior USN/USMC
Thanks,

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Your best bet is to find local gun show make the trade there. You pay no shipping and have no issues. You will find a trade with no problem there. I bet you could even get a few more than even up for it.
I know darn well if you had 300 5.56 m855 62 gr standing in front of me I wound give you 450 for the 300 right now. If they are 5.56 m193 55 gr I would still go 350 for 300

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I suppose it would be easier.............. but I really dread the gun show scene these days.

I pray we can get back to some pre-conn times..........I will not let this happen again. Imagine how the panic will be in other areas of our needs.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
John333 the light has come you are seeing clearly now

·
Registered
85 Posts
The big issue I see is finding someone with an AK-74 that uses the 5.45X39MM round. Quite honestly I have never seen an AK-74 in these parts as everyone sticks with the AK-47If you still have a AK-74 I would say keep the ammo and start looking for Bulk 9MM.

Keep an eye out on UN Ammo as they surprise me with what trickles through them...I bought cases of .38 Super, 5.56 in both M855 and the new SOST Marine round then a case of .44 Mag 240 Grn HP a month or so ago. They had 1000 round cases of 9MM a couple weeks ago.

Karsten

1 - 8 of 8 Posts