Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at backpacks and a lot of people seem to prefer the 1000d over the 420d but I cant find anything that compares the two. Could somebody please enlighten me. Is 1000 just stiffer than 420 ? Is a backpack made of 420 no good ? The last backpack i owned was 20 years ago. I dont even think they had ripstop back then... Would 420d be good compared to that ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its thicker/stronger/heavier. It isnt no good persay, but it isnt as strong and wont last as long. On the upside, it is a lot cheaper. I guess it depends on how much you plan on abusing them. They make them in other weights too, my Kelty Falcon 4000 is Kodra (similar to Cordura) 500d over most of it, and 1000d on the bottom. Not all of them have ripstop either, anything made from Cordura wont unless it is very lightweight (100d or less):
CORDURA® Brand - FAQ's

If you really want to see for yourself, order a cheap piece of tactical gear off the internet made in 1000d, and go to a camping store to compare with something made from a lighter material. And when you're done, just return the tactical gear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts