Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So most of you probably saw that I was getting a Marlin for Christmas. Well Santa came through. Here it is. Only set Santa back $299. An came with the 1.5-5 scope.
Air gun Trigger Wood Everyday carry Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood
Hood Wood Bumper Trigger Shotgun

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a beutiful rifle! :) How many rounds can the tube magazine hold?
Thank you. It hold 6+1 of 30-30 Win. Should be a ton of fun.

·
Administrator
15,448 Posts
Very nice, Sinkhole. You are going to enjoy that rifle.
Every serious rifleman owes it to himself to get a lever action 30-30. I got my Marlin from a former co-worker that really liked his beer and consequently was often short of cash. I paid him $100 for a 336 Texan, that has a straight stock like a Winchester, that was made in 1978.
It has honest wear, but it's in decent shape.

·
Registered
855 Posts
That's a good looking rifle right there. I love my recently acquired 336. Picked it up back in Oct. and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite rifles. If I were going to scope mine it would be with a similar scope I think, those low power variable scopes are perfect for the .30 WCF. I opted for a receiver peep on mine but that variable should work pretty well. Enjoy the rifle and you probably should thank Santa.

-Infidel

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After getting home and taking some pics I decided to give her a good wipe down and cleaning. and even though it was a factory scope I think it was off before and the rail was on backwards. So I flipped it around and the eye relief is much better I just need to make a minor adjustment to where the scope sits in the rings now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts