Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
15,448 Posts
Got a link? Since the lamestream media doesn't even know the difference between a semi automatic AR and a "machine gun" I'm curious as to what they consider a "tank" to be.

Reactions: Meangreen

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
The story doesn't show the vehicles. They look a lot more like APCs then tanks but in the vein of the modern civilian AR15 being called an assault rifle they are probably tanks to the general public.

When Modesto police and Stanislaus county recently lost a deputy to a lone gun man they surrounded in a home they had 4 of these vehicles present, mind you all 4 were different. One was Modesto, one was the sheriffs and the other two neighboring smaller cities. They had a helicopter and well over a 100 men in full battle gear. The county sheriff I get was upset over losing a veteran deputy, but he claimed on TV he no longer had enough resources to protect the community. That is how bureaucrats speak.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
The little police department I have here also got one. I wonder if the government is selling them at a great discount to local agencies as surplus? There is no reason why a small department of 8 police officers would need a MRAP but they got one sitting in front of the station.

·
Administrator
15,448 Posts
My county had to get rid of it's SWAT team because of no funds. I don't think there will be any military vehicles here any time soon. Couldn't afford the fuel even if the vehicles were free.
I love small town America.

Reactions: Meangreen
1 - 9 of 9 Posts