Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Knob Creek machine gun shoot in Kentucky is next week. I'm afraid if I go, I'll have close my bank account. :-D

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
5.56mm has always seemed a bit small to me, it's only about .22" calibre ain't it?
By comparison the AK-47 fires 7.62mm's so I should imagine it does more harm.
I mean, bigger bullets beat smaller bullets every time, right?
But I'm a gunless Brit so what the hell do I know?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Mwaahh! nobody's answered my post 12 and a few other posts scattered around, I guess we gunless Brits are not worth talking to (sniffle)..;)

·
Registered
311 Posts
5.56mm has always seemed a bit small to me, it's only about .22" calibre ain't it?
you are right sir but i just dont like ak"s but in a pinch i would use one

·
Administrator
14,690 Posts
Mwaahh! nobody's answered my post 12 and a few other posts scattered around, I guess we gunless Brits are not worth talking to (sniffle)..;)
Would it help any if I said my ancestors emmigrated from Scotland in the 1700's?
That makes us cousins.:grin:
Of course, I am a direct descendant of a farmer who took up a musket and became a foot soldier for the colonies against King George. But don't hold that against me.:p

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
lucky jim, im not really good in the ar knowledge department. it wouldnt pay to run if i had one pointed atcha though as im a good shot. but im learning this type right now... but im not good on this subject. just reading. :)

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
thats uper! im not a scope nut .... yet. i do well at about 600 yards on the colt target sport ar15, i took my telescope and turned it into a spot scope for my friend wendy and i for the 1000yrd pad. we arent there yet. her husband sets up the scope for wind and distance.i dont know how to do that. we are doing iron sight work now just in case a scope cant be calibrated on the spot or it get broken. so its a back to the basics challenge. should be be challenged with only the basics.
her husband doesnt want us to be spoiled trained only. in case we gotta lift someone elses gear.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Lucky Jim: You're right for the most part but, I've seen studies that show a 5.56 will do more damage internally than an standard AK-47 7.62X39 will at any distance. Reason: Hydrastic Shock, shocks/destroyes every nerve and organ that is close to the entry wound. Now if you're talking 7.62 NATO (.308) that's a totally different story!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Blaze, Pretty much spot on but, please don't say .223/5.56 because small as it might be they are different! Long as your rifle is built for 5.56 you can shoot .223 but, don't do it the other way around! It could/has caused stove pipes/failure to eject from my M4. I've hit Iraqs at less than 5 yards with my M4 square in the chest and they dropped on the spot. Pretty little .224 hole in .224 hole out. The round failed to evpand but, the internal shock must of exploded his inerds. Just my 2 pennies.::rambo::

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hince why I said be safe, make sure it's labeled 5.56. 90% don't know that there is a risk factore when shooting 5.56 in a .223 base model. Don't buy a POS that's an M4 but only is recommended to shoot .223. Just saying.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts