Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
15,448 Posts
Gun show here in Jacksonville had a vendor selling 325 round boxes for $60. Sad thing is I'll bet there are people stupid enough to pay that.

Reactions: punch and Ripon

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I was offered $45 for a 525 round brick of Federal a few weeks back - I couldn't resist. After doing an inventory I was fine in 22LR so no reason not too. Once CA is so severely restricted on mail order purchases you guys will have a flood of this stuff available.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
In October I bought 10,500 rounds in new 50cal ammo cans for $375 shipped.
In the warmer months it's normal to go through 2000-3000 rounds of 22LR a month... I may shoot a little less this summer.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Drugs are cheaper than ammo. I saw 500 rds of lake city .223 going for $500! And people were buying it...
A buck a round for .223 is ludicrous.

·
Super Moderator
9,674 Posts
thats crazy. i was paying 160 delivered for that. my 9m guy no longer has inventory at this time.
It's gotten crazy out there. I just paid double what it used to cost for a case of 9mm and felt lucky to find that. I figured though I had better get it while I can just in case Chavez's brother pulls off what he says he's gonna do.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The opportunists in my area are selling the 550 count boxes for 65 dollars each on a local online classified, and people are buying it. One local gun shop had a shipment of the cheap CCI Blazer round nose target ammo, 500 count, and sold out at 62 a box. What is driving the demand for .22 so high that people are paying triple what a box of ammo is worth?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
My question is you see what people are willing to charger for ammo and you see what people are willing to pay for ammo. What's really going to happen when the SHTF. To me this is a good little test over a bigger problem comming.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Actually the free market system says it is worth whatever people are willing to pay for it.
There's "free market valuation" and there's out-and-out gouging... where one draws the line is an individual choice, but it can (and should) absolutely impact future patronage of those that cross that line.

When an ice storm devastated much of New England in January 1998, a local merchant who had hundred's of 3500 watt generators in stock decided that these normally $350 units suddenly had a market value of $1000 each. Sure, some people paid the outrageous price and perhaps validated the merchants greed, but when the ice melts and the dust settled, their actions were neither forgiven nor forgotten. By June, they were out of business.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Just my point. I have a friend tell me about a freind of both of us who knew he had 22's ask him to sell him a few boxes and he say no. The other guy was not happy and said well I know you have a major stockpile. The other guy reply yes I do put I have no plans to sell anyone ammo. The other guy was not happy and more than likely a friendship is gone. People attuides change when things go down. We are have this kind of thing happen now over ammo, wait to we have a major SHTF. Then you will see no more asking be taking what they need.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts