Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd go ahead and start this for this year. Just wondering where everyone is at in your preps on getting your garden up and going for this year? I'm getting ready to start the peas after the disk, tilling, and plowing.

For this year, I'm going to grow the following:

peas
carrots
cabbage
tomatoes
lettuce
corn
squash
peppers (hot banana, and mild)
jalapenos
watermelon
cantelopes

What are you growing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Moosehead! This year in South Carolina I will be plantin:

cabbage
carrots
squash
pole beans
lettuce
corn
tomatoes
egglplant
kale
onions
potatoes
oregano and basil
garlic
cucumbers
bell peppers
lima beans

And THEN I will be a pressure canning fool at harvest time!

Below freezing temps today but anxious to get to spring planting.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The earliest I can plant is April. I planted too early last year and lost everything due to a late frost.
In April, I will start Onions, Peas, Spinach, and Carrots. Hopefully they will make it through a late frost.

The earliest I can plant other vegetables is late May and early June.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm starting in early May. I learned a big lesson last year to NOT put my garden on a slope! It washed everything out when a big rain came through. I'm growing anything that I can this year! Hopefully I'll have some photos!

Ralph

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
I've got my usual fig crop and muscadine crop and apple crop but this year I'm adding a couple full beds like I did some years ago. I have blueberries and raspberries that should be doing well this year. Any suggestions guys? I still have no idea what I'll do or even what I want. Here's a video of Hank's mini farm at one of his properties we use.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I am going to experiment with dry farming this year. I hope we get enough rainfall.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
looks like my plans changed drastically but I still have my plantation.

Figs (blue and brown turkey)
muscadines (both colors)
apples
blackberries
blueberries
raspberries
rose hips
canna lily

for any preppers interested I'll be collecting seed pods for edible canna lilies this year for another youtuber, so if you want seed pods pls pm me. They should be ready some time near fall. I think I can actually mail them in a plain envelope they are tiny.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts