Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Monday, Alan Korwin, 2nd Amendment activist and author of Gun Laws of America, published a preliminary list of firearms and firearms accessories to be included in the yet-to-be announced, but much anticipated new version of the so-called Assault Weapons Ban.

The chief sponsor of the last ban, Sen. Diane Feinstein is said to be crafting new legislation now, which, if passed, President Obama would undoubtedly sign.

Writing for Red Flag Newswire, Korwin said:

Gun-ban list proposed. Slipping below the radar (or under the short-term memory cap), the Democrats have already leaked a gun-ban list, even under the Bush administration when they knew full well it had no chance of passage (HR 1022, 110th Congress). It serves as a framework for the new list the Brady’s plan to introduce shortly. I have an outline of the Brady’s current plans and targets of opportunity. It’s horrific. They’re going after the courts, regulatory agencies, firearms dealers and statutes in an all out effort to restrict we the people. They’ve made little mention of criminals. Now more than ever, attention to the entire Bill of Rights is critical. Gun bans will impact our freedoms under search and seizure, due process, confiscated property, states’ rights, free speech, right to assemble and more, in addition to the Second Amendment. The Democrats current gun-ban-list proposal (final list will be worse):

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):

M1 Carbine

Sturm Ruger Mini-14

AR-15

Bushmaster XM15

Armalite M15

AR-10

Thompson 1927

Thompson M1

AK

AKM

AKS

AK-47

AK-74

ARM

MAK90

NHM 90

NHM 91

SA 85

SA 93

VEPR

Olympic Arms PCR

AR70

Calico Liberty

Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or DragunovSVU

Fabrique National FN/FAL

FN/LAR, or FNC

Hi-Point20Carbine

HK-91, HK-93

HK-94

HK-PSG-1

Thompson 1927 Commando

Kel-Tec Sub Rifle

Saiga

SAR-8

SAR-4800

SKS with detachable magazine

SLG 95

SLR 95 or 96

Steyr AU

Tavor

Uzi

Galil and Uzi Sporter

Galil Sporter or Galil Sniper Rifle (Galatz)

Pistols (or copies or duplicates):

Calico M-110

MAC-10

MAC-11

MPA3

Olympic Arms OA

TEC-9,

TEC-DC9,

TEC-22 Scorpion or AB-10

Uzi

Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):

Armscor 30 BG

SPAS 12 or LAW 12

Striker 12

Streetsweeper

Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):

A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has:

(i) a folding or telescoping stock,

(ii) a threaded barrel,

(iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see below),

(iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.

Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than

10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rim fire rifles).

A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine, and has:

(i) a second pistol grip,

(ii) a threaded barrel,

(iii) a barrel shroud or

(iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and

(v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

A semiautomatic shotgun with:

(i) a folding or telescoping stock,

(ii) a pistol grip (see definition below),

(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds, and

(iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with conversion kits.

·
Registered
363 Posts
This has been circulating for a few months. Someone on another forum mentioned it's the California gun ban that's already in place. My father in law is a rep for Armalite, and until recently, they weren't able to sell Armalites in the state of California. I believe he had a lawyer get it taken care of though. But I'm not completely sure on all the details. Anyway, someone mentioned that this was being used a propaganda to perpetuate hysteria. I hope that's all it is.

·
Administrator
15,414 Posts
Obama appointing a commission to study the issue is total bovine scatology. The legislation has already been written, there just needed to be an excuse to bring it forward.
And I would like to remind those politicians and other gun-banners that between 1962 and 1975 the most powerful, most technically advanced military in the world (us) engaged an enemy that for the most part fought with improvised devices, small arms including bolt action rifles, and for artillery were limited to mortars and rockets. They had no armor, nor air power (except over North Vietnam). Their logistics consisted of bicycles and water buffalo.
And they won.

Reactions: blindfox

·
Registered
887 Posts
On my prepping shopping list today was 2 large mousetraps as I have small rodents in my land. I was asked what they were for. I explained to him but unbeknowst he set me off thinking by doing so. I imagine a simple thing like a mousetrap (standard) and few other bits most of which is in every bodies garage you could make a decent landmine for home defense.

·
Administrator
15,414 Posts
It will not pass Congress.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It wont pass if she does there is 0 Republican support in the House so it wont get ratified there.
There is now - after what happened in Newtown, Connecticut even the Reps and Senators with A ratings from the NRA will vote for one. Our only hope is that Reid (am I actually SAYING this?) doesn't allow it to come to a floor vote.

Where is the furor over the fact that the Mom wanted to commit her son, but because the process was too long, he was able to snap over her trying to get him committed and he killed her and all those kids? Where is the furor over the pitiful state of the mental health and how it is NOT covered on most insurance? Where did ObamaCare help in this instance? Mental health is just as important as physical yet for all those BILLIONS in taxes that ObamaCare is levying, where is the mental health statute? They made Religious groups (or companies like Hobby Lobby and Chic-Fil-A) provide birth control but not mental health? Please. I would rather see money spent on mental health than mandatory birth control. Go out and buy a ****ing rubber like everyone else. You get pregnant then you are BOTH liable and raise the child or give them up for adoption. And then castrate or super glue them shut.

·
Registered
570 Posts
They won't need the Repubs after next term. I think a lot got voted out. You research better than me though.:grin:
Actually, it was virtually no change in the make up of both the House and Senate. Dems still control the Senate, Reps the House.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is now - after what happened in Newtown, Connecticut even the Reps and Senators with A ratings from the NRA will vote for one. Our only hope is that Reid (am I actually SAYING this?) doesn't allow it to come to a floor vote.

Where is the furor over the fact that the Mom wanted to commit her son, but because the process was too long, he was able to snap over her trying to get him committed and he killed her and all those kids? Where is the furor over the pitiful state of the mental health and how it is NOT covered on most insurance? Where did ObamaCare help in this instance? Mental health is just as important as physical yet for all those BILLIONS in taxes that ObamaCare is levying, where is the mental health statute? They made Religious groups (or companies like Hobby Lobby and Chic-Fil-A) provide birth control but not mental health? Please. I would rather see money spent on mental health than mandatory birth control. Go out and buy a ****ing rubber like everyone else. You get pregnant then you are BOTH liable and raise the child or give them up for adoption. And then castrate or super glue them shut.
I have to agree that probably the best solution would be a more stringent mental health screening but the problem i see is that who makes the decision if you're too crazy to buy a gun? Considering that most everyone on the planet "suffers" from some sort of mental disorder or imbalance as defined by psychologists, will anyone be fit to own a weapon and defend themselves?
How many perfectly sane and reasonable vets have PTSD ratings now but will be barred from gun ownership due to extensive mental health records that will be mistaken by the academic and government head shrinkers as a dangerous, ready-to-snap, "potential right wing domestic terrorist threat?"

I've never been a violent criminal and am guided by a strong moral code that looks on needless violence as reprehensible. I work in the firearms industry and have carried legally and responsibly for years. I make my living using, selling, and teaching about firearms. The direction we're heading, i'll surely be out of a job and will be left with no career prospects, the last twenty years of my life being completely pointless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts