Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found my new carry gun. 1911 Dan Wesson Commander 10mm with bobtail in all stainless. Looking for a OWB holster. Would like to carry in the 4 O'clock position with slight forward cant. High and tight if that makes sense. Not gun fighter style down by my knee. Tired of trying to hide a mouse gun. Going full size open carry. If people see it, great. So what are your suggestions and recommendations.

Already have a cabinet full of holsters that didn't work for other guns. LGS don't have much in stock so have to order online. Trying to avoid buying several just to find one that works.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,605 Posts
Have you looked at the Galco Fletch High Ride? It's a leather thumb-break pancake style that looks sharp and professional.

·
Administrator
15,594 Posts
Stu Miller Leatherworks.
I'm left handed, Stu hand makes all my OWB pancake holsters, to my specs.

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Finally found my new carry gun. 1911 Dan Wesson Commander 10mm with bobtail in all stainless. Looking for a OWB holster. Would like to carry in the 4 O'clock position with slight forward cant. High and tight if that makes sense. Not gun fighter style down by my knee. Tired of trying to hide a mouse gun. Going full size open carry. If people see it, great. So what are your suggestions and recommendations.

Already have a cabinet full of holsters that didn't work for other guns. LGS don't have much in stock so have to order online. Trying to avoid buying several just to find one that works.
I think any version of a 1911 would make a good trot line weight..but know folks have different views on that. I aint no show dog so I try to keep my Sig Forty where the Sun dont shine. Leather Biker vest in cool weather and a Possum Crotch this time of year. One of those things can hold two 1911s and extra ammo plus a pack of smokes or a half pint of whiskey etc. I love mine.but it aint for public display so to speak. Ladies who insist to scope out the private area just see a vulgar bulge.

·
Registered
17 Posts

When I carry a 1911. My personal favorite holster is from 1791.

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just ordered a 1791 BH1 and a Desantis Mini Scabbard, plus a Bulldog sleeve type. Wanted a couple choices cause I also ordered a Walther 1911 22lr Colt clone for practice. Has a threaded barrel thought that should be in a cabinet also. Will report back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts