Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

15 Minutes Cities are going to make Covid Locldowns look like a day at the park

3K views 46 replies 17 participants last post by  summer 
#1 ·
Don't know if many of you have seen the info on 15-minute cities, but it's supposed to
go into effect in 2024 in Oxford England

In the name of Climate Change, they will allow people to live, travel and move around
in 15-minute areas.

If your mom, children or loved ones live outside of your region, you have to get a special
permit to travel to see them.

This is happening, Do your homework, Prepare

#2 ·
Umm, for the most part the 15-minute & 20-minute cities are an actual construct, as in the neighborhoods were being designed to have the 6 basic essentials needed to be within walking or biking distance no matter where one is situated.

In most areas where it would take that long just to get into town, these 15+ minute cities do not exist.

I will say, considering there are over 7.8 billion people in this world, that is a crap load of car emissions. Not sure what should be done, but something definitely needs to change, whether it is electric automobiles, solar, or time allotments for going out. Some states have already written legislature to make it a 'ticketable' offense to leave a car/truck idling in the driveway/parking spot.

There seems to be a crap load more cases of Ashma, and respiratory problems in children then there were when I was growing up and can't help thinking that it is due to air quality.

#5 ·
I'll put aside the discussions of whether a changing climate is:
A. Bad for humanity and the planet
B. Possible to stop

Instead, I'll focus on the solution we choose with the assumption that the two points above are true.
How are we going to ask developing nations to stop their emissions? The entire western world could stop, and that would buy us a few more decades until the "crisis" is right back to where it's claimed to be now. In those decades, the same coal mining, the same oil burning, and the same deforestation will continue in order to warm, build, and feed the 3rd world and those who simply won't stop. 120 million people in China will not simply accept starvation. If Xi wants to keep power, he'll say and do anything that lets him continue pumping out whatever "pollution" he needs to in order to feed his people. The people of India will continue to burn oil and coal to cook with and run their production. The people of South America and Africa will continue to cut down all the vegetation they must to keep cooking their food. These are the parts of the world that are still expanding in their population growth. These are the parts of the world where internal combustion engine transportation options will absolutely explode in numbers.
You're not going to get these poor growing countries to stay poor and stop growing. You're not going to convince them to not fill the gap that western countries would create in stopping their own emissions.

The solution is not to guilt wealthy countries into giving up their luxury for the sake of a few more decades. In the grand scheme, it wouldn't matter. That being the case, the question must be asked... "why are exceptionally intelligent people, who are surely aware of this, still pushing this as a solution?" That's a different discussion entirely...

The solution will be to innovate. The solution will be to develop new technologies that address the problem.
We've never advanced by stopping progress, and we never will. We must find a way for ALL to advance.
Cramming people into urban micro-cities, treating them like cattle, and punishing those who wish to leave, is not a solution and will not be tolerated for long.

#6 ·
You're saying decades, whereas I think the desire is centuries. Also, sadly, correct me if I am wrong with actual proof, but I do believe that USA is the # 2nd leader in emissions, w/ China being numeral uno.

This world has been around for millennia, but all it took is our innovations these past 2 centuries to turn all that around. Many of the solutions to fix this problem is right in front of our eyes, but the willingness to sacrifice one's lifestyle hinders this concept.

Oh, and your mentioning of herding people like cattle reminded me:

Cattle are frequently cited as having the most severe overall environmental impacts among livestock species due to: methane and nitrous oxide released from digestion and manure; land use and conversion; desertification; inefficient ratio of weight of feed and water consumed to weight of meat and dairy produced; ... source

There is a crap load of things that can be done, pun intended, but like congress, the world cannot see eye to eye, nor agree uniformly on anything, but we the people, yes the common man, you & I, if we all greatly reduce our carbon footprint, it might get big business to change lanes.

Look at Twitter for example, when Musk took over, supposedly a group of activists swayed big corporations to withdraw advertising directly due to public opinion.

#8 ·
You're saying decades, whereas I think the desire is centuries. Also, sadly, correct me if I am wrong with actual proof, but I do believe that USA is the # 2nd leader in emissions, w/ China being numeral uno.

This world has been around for millennia, but all it took is our innovations these past 2 centuries to turn all that around. Many of the solutions to fix this problem is right in front of our eyes, but the willingness to sacrifice one's lifestyle hinders this concept.

Oh, and your mentioning of herding people like cattle reminded me:

Cattle are frequently cited as having the most severe overall environmental impacts among livestock species due to: methane and nitrous oxide released from digestion and manure; land use and conversion; desertification; inefficient ratio of weight of feed and water consumed to weight of meat and dairy produced; ... source

There is a crap load of things that can be done, pun intended, but like congress, the world cannot see eye to eye, nor agree uniformly on anything, but we the people, yes the common man, you & I, if we all greatly reduce our carbon footprint, it might get big business to change lanes.

Look at Twitter for example, when Musk took over, supposedly a group of activists swayed big corporations to withdraw advertising directly due to public opinion.
Great reduce your foot print. That just means more for the rest of us. Global warming my horses petuttie. One of the largest single sources of co2 are all animal life. That includes you. So save the planet stop breathing 🐶🐱🐭🐹🐰🦊🦁🐯🐨🦡🦘🐼🐮

Reactions: Demitri.14
#13 ·
No better or worse than those of today. But back then we really didn't think about it. Course the chicken littles were all agog about the coming mini ice age. Didn't happen. Now you all say it comes to an end in five or so years. Bet you I'm still around in 2040

#11 ·
Better stop at the booze store so I have enough. Almost 2000 party days till judgement day 🍺🍻🥂🍷🥃🍸🍹🍾🍺🍻🥂🍷🥃🍸🍹

Reactions: Spenser
#12 ·
The planet or good lord does a great job of getting rid of a overpopulated species. See how fast covid took over the earths population?? What's next??

Elites want us off petrol. Yet still fly around and ship things world wide on ships that pollute more then any cars.

They build stuff overseas with no pollution controls, shipping etc. Cheap so they can make a buck. Yet we have to get rid of our stove, you can't make this stuff up, LOL.

#16 ·
The day something like this actually happens in America will be the day there are only beta male sissies left.

Reactions: Real Old Man
#28 ·
You really are a hoot. Let's see you trust no one but seem to believe anyone on the left with an axe 🪓 to grind when it comes to djt. Kinda feel sorry for you.

#31 ·
You really are a hoot. Let's see you trust no one but seem to believe anyone on the left with an axe 🪓 to grind when it comes to djt.
1st i am curious how u got an axe icon in here, due tell kind of cool.
2nd you assume my info comes from leftists. I said I don't trust anyone, that includes both sides and some.

The only authority you had as the captain of a football team was the delegated authority of the coach. Your coach, no doubt, used fear as his base for authority.
Oh, you are correct there about our coach. He pretty much said that anyone dumb enough to be the captain of our team was going to get their @$$ kicked by the opposing teams after school (we were the only team that was white). Mind you, many of them had gang associations. & he was correct, as every game we won came with me being a punching bag, BUT I made sure it was only me that got hit and not my teammates. With that said, I had the respect of my entire team, as every gameplay i suggested they carried out full knowing that I was going to get the brunt of it each day after school. That, took courage on all of our parts.

And how naive do you have to be to think that being the captain of a football team has ANYTHING to do with having real power in a polarized world with billions of dollars and millions of lives at play?
& no disrespect, the only one of us that may be naive, is you. If you want to be technical, Football is over a 1.6 billion dollar industry, regardless, my father is a Lobbyist, and I am far from being clueless.

#30 ·
Don't get him mad or he won't come back a Play anymore

#32 ·
Old timer, if you could get me angry, it means that you have physically hurt or threatened someone. If I was willing to go vs. an entire ethnic football team to stand up for what I believe in, then someone like yourself wouldn't have a chance to piss me off with mere words.

#34 ·
Hit the emoji but ton 👩🗣🔨⚒🛠🔩⚔🔪

Crap now I can't find it

#40 ·
Don't go looking for a gem in the palm of hand.

Type in 🪓 axe and the emoji show s up in the word correct help

Reactions: Spenser