Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

15 Minutes Cities are going to make Covid Locldowns look like a day at the park

3K views 46 replies 17 participants last post by  summer 
#1 ·
Don't know if many of you have seen the info on 15-minute cities, but it's supposed to
go into effect in 2024 in Oxford England

In the name of Climate Change, they will allow people to live, travel and move around
in 15-minute areas.

If your mom, children or loved ones live outside of your region, you have to get a special
permit to travel to see them.

This is happening, Do your homework, Prepare

Discussion starter · #7 ·
I'll put aside the discussions of whether a changing climate is:
A. Bad for humanity and the planet
B. Possible to stop

Instead, I'll focus on the solution we choose with the assumption that the two points above are true.
How are we going to ask developing nations to stop their emissions? The entire western world could stop, and that would buy us a few more decades until the "crisis" is right back to where it's claimed to be now. In those decades, the same coal mining, the same oil burning, and the same deforestation will continue in order to warm, build, and feed the 3rd world and those who simply won't stop. 120 million people in China will not simply accept starvation. If Xi wants to keep power, he'll say and do anything that lets him continue pumping out whatever "pollution" he needs to in order to feed his people. The people of India will continue to burn oil and coal to cook with and run their production. The people of South America and Africa will continue to cut down all the vegetation they must to keep cooking their food. These are the parts of the world that are still expanding in their population growth. These are the parts of the world where internal combustion engine transportation options will absolutely explode in numbers.
You're not going to get these poor growing countries to stay poor and stop growing. You're not going to convince them to not fill the gap that western countries would create in stopping their own emissions.

The solution is not to guilt wealthy countries into giving up their luxury for the sake of a few more decades. In the grand scheme, it wouldn't matter. That being the case, the question must be asked... "why are exceptionally intelligent people, who are surely aware of this, still pushing this as a solution?" That's a different discussion entirely...

The solution will be to innovate. The solution will be to develop new technologies that address the problem.
We've never advanced by stopping progress, and we never will. We must find a way for ALL to advance.
Cramming people into urban micro-cities, treating them like cattle, and punishing those who wish to leave, is not a solution and will not be tolerated for long.
I don't know if you have ever been to China, but wow. I had an office in Bejing for a while and the sky
is literally black from pollution. It was a unique experience I must say