Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

12-21-2012 Thoughts ?

8K views 48 replies 16 participants last post by  Randywag 
#1 ·
Well, we are 5 days away from the long awaited 12-21-2012 . I am wondering what all your thoughts may be. Do you think anything will happen,or will it be just another day.? My wife is very much in to astrology and she believes that the planet will start re-aligning the poles and possibly shifting on its axis. When you give it some thought, it is the first time in recorded history that all the planets and the milky way have aligned like this. Nobody , and I mean nobody can really say what may happen. Lots of speculation, and nothing else. Keep in mind even Nasa has advised there people to be prepared with food and other things for this unknown event.

Think about, what will happen should the poles shift and not just magnetically either. But actually shift land mass wise. Think about the ocean's moving and damn quick at that. Will you be one of the ones should it happen that survive it ? Ok, no joking around here, really think about it for a few minutes or so.

#2 ·
I sure most understand they never predicted the end of the world. Even if they did they would have been wrong. Bunch of College nuts cases get this stuff going then it takes on a life all it's own.
It will be just another day. A distraction from the real problems we face that are in front of us everyday that we do need to prepare for.

Reactions: Denton
#8 · (Edited)
If the Mayans were any good at astrology and stuff, they'd have said "No need to waste our time drawing up a calendar all the way to 2012, the conquistadores are going to kick our butts out of existence long before 2012"..

PS- If the world really does end on the 21st Jesus is going to be left very redfaced seeing as he said nobody knows when the end of the world will be, not even himself, and that only God knows..;)

#9 ·
The Mayans did not say it was the end of the world. They said this was end of a cycle. People have said the Mayan calender did not factor in this or that. They had the most accurate calender ever. Today's computer has not been able to match their accuracy. That being said, nadja is correct in that a planetary alignment like this has not happened before. What will happen? Who knows. Others have said other planetary alignments would reek havoc. It didn't happen.

Whatever will happen will happen no matter what we do. There will probably be wacko's who try to take advantage of this. Some tried it during y2k. I will be a little more vigilant but won't be hiding under my bed. It is another work day for me.

#10 ·
I myself don't think it is the end of the world, however, my wife and I both believe it is going to be the start of something big. It could be anything, but judging from the way things are happening here in the U.S.A. it could just be the total melt down of the human minds. It seems to be goning on already. Shootings, free everything if you vote for me type things. Kids still living in the mommies house so they don't even have to think about looking for a job and taking responsiblity for their own little pathetic lives. Doesn't look to good when you really take a look at " modern socity" does it. ?

#13 ·
Watched a show the other day on Nat Geo or Discovery, can't remember which. Anyway, archeologists found a Mayan calendar that extended far past 12-21-12. Also, it seems Americans are the only ones who have sensationalized this end times prophecy. They Mayan decedents don't believe the world is going to end. To them, and the rest of the world it's just the beginning of a new era. If there were going to be major changes to our planet, such as polar shift due to a cosmic alignment, I'm sure we would have been seeing warning signs already. To me, it will just be another day. And also the day that I finish my Christmas shopping. But I do fear some "wacko" might take advantage of the date to do something horrific. But I pray not.

#14 ·
What will happen? Hopefully I go on leave, and enjoy two weeks away from the Army. Do I honestly expect something to happen? Not really, but like I said in a previous thread, I'm not planning on taking any chances either. My BOB is in my Jeep, I've got a primary (driving route) planned out, and a secondary (walking route) in case there really is an EMP that shuts down all vehicles. Either way, I guess we'll find out at about 0512 Central Standard time (1112 UTC) Friday morning.

December 21st is really just a nice way to test your preparedness. Stop, and seriously take a look at what you have now, and consider that that is all you might have to survive. For some, they might like what they see. Others will find themselves totally unprepared. For myself, I'm (almost) happy with the guns and ammo supplies, but disappointed with food reserves. Guess I'll have to spend my 2013 fixing that!

#15 ·
Im a Nat geo buff myself and from some recent interviews they are in the same live and let live mentality they have been since there civilization crumbled. They understand there calendar is cyclical and as was put into English "if it is the end of the world it is too hot here too think about". They are going about daily life as if it will not end. Reason being they cannot change anything if it was our future to face cataclysm. But just understanding that the Myan calendar is cyclical should give the average intelligent person insight that it is not the end but yet another beginning. How that transition occurs is what I think the Mayans mean by there calendar. That it can be trying times and that humanity should look upon itself and to the stars for answers in order to properly start a new cycle. To understand the end of the calendar one must also understand the inner parts of there calendar as well. It is an interesting way to associate time with humanity and mother nature.

Think about it if it was the end of the world do you think what is left of the Mayans would turn on each other like rabid dogs or would they try to survive and rebuild with what was left to them. Different culture with a different mindset on these things.

I don't think this part of there calendar is misleading in any way.

#16 ·
TrainerShawn has a point. It isn't as if the influences would not be noticed all on 21 December. Wouldn't you think there'd be some pretty good quakes or something happening? I don't imagine the magnetic field would remain stable until a particular second. I would think our fleet of aircraft would be so busy at compass rose that the students would never get any flight time elsewhere (I work at Ft. Rucker, where the army trains its rotorwing aviators.

I expect to wake up that Friday, turn on the computer and read about more human stupidity and more government snatching of liberty.

#17 ·
..I work at Ft. Rucker, where the army trains its rotorwing aviators..
Interesting, Huey pilot Bob Mason ("Chickenhawk") said to me in an e-mail interview last year how worrying about anything was pointless in Nam-
"Cpt Morris, for example, was a nervous wreck about the tight formation flying, the night formation flying, the refueling chaos, etc. And he died of a bullet in the heart. It didn't matter. Certainly that was a demonstration to us that it didn't matter how cool or how stressed you were taking all this shit, bullets are the great equalizers."

#18 ·
Yes Denton. That is exactly what a Galactic Equinox is. It is our solar system transiting our galaxies Black Hole center of gravitation pull. We are transiting from above the apex of gravitation to below the apex of gravitation. Know knows where or when that apex and it is rather unimportant as it is the transit of this region that is of any concern. However the apex crossing may be dramatic no one exactly where that is just that are we in the transit zone for the past few years and years to come.

It might be as minor as our toilets start flushing the opposite direction or as severe as the doomsayers are saying. I do believe we will feel and have been feeling the effects of this in our climate and weather. The future is unknown on this one however as no culture is left to tell us what happened the last time this happened.

#21 ·
There has been an increasing number of earthquakes as of late. Including one just a day or so ago about 5.6 off the coast of Cali. They have been all fairly large and following the ring of fire. Also, increased in Okla and Tex which I believe is the New Madrid fault. Also, just heard this morning that a new and strange Volcano is forming off the coast of Cali so, in some respects it is getting a little strange out there.

#23 ·
I had initially been somewhat comforted by the fact that scientists were "debunking" the EOTW talk, and said that if there was some sort of impact from asteroids or other planets we would see it well in advance. Then we have an asteroid come into near-Earth orbit inside of the distance between the Earth and our moon, and the scientists say no one saw it until it suddenly appeared and they had only two days to spot it. Yeah, that gives me the warm and fuzzy alright.

We have taken two weeks vacation. This week will be about getting our gear in final order, and making a trip to the big box stores for additional supplies, gassing up some extra cans, sharpening the chain saws, etc.

I hope nothing happens. But I am preparing for it anyway.

I just don't think these slow-witted bureaucrats and egghead academicians really have a decent clue about such an event, which would clearly be unprecedented.

So. I am preparing and then I will be ready for whatever comes now, or whatever comes next.

#24 ·
Anyone ever heard of a King Tide before. the flooding in Orange County. Ive heard its due to the alignment with the moon and sun and is a 30 year event. Now I hear it is a yearly event. Alotta misinformation going on in Cali. The Earthquake off Cali was 6.3 at a depth of 11.3 km. Then we get "King Tides" directly afterwards. That is odd.

I used to live there and have family there. This has not happened in my memory. And no Im not gonna date myself past 40 years.

#28 · (Edited)
That's what I think would happen if anything. We're talking about planetary alignments if I understand the date at best and with that comes the possible affect of gravity changes coming from that alignment. Possibly effecting tides and water levels, and possibly pulling planets and the sun closer together. I'm no scientist though. Not to say that scientists can be a 100% about it or are going to be upfront if they do. That the goverment suppresses information is a given. That they try to keep the population calm is a given. That if something was going to happen that would cause people to flip the hell out, they keep it under raps until their ready is a given also. Which makes them passed trusting in my book, but that's another issue.

If big change comes either way, I hope I'm able to survive it, but if a huge amount of our population doesn't than so be it. I just hope the good looking, in shape, middle of the road to conservative value people do and everyone else, "tough break". :)

#26 ·
It is going to be a nightmare on the 21st cause i have last min christmas shopping left to do lmao, I doubt anything is going to happen,I mean look at y2k and 1999 when they thought that date was bad cause backwards it read 666,oh and dont forget last year that dude told everyone the world was going to end in oct.the only thing we got to worry bout is tax raises in jan cause the economy is so messed up.But who knows anymore.Whatever happen's i just wish you'll best of luck.

#38 ·
2012 DA14 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well that cinches it for me. Teotwawki will be on February 13, 2013. The asteroid while not predicted to hit earth will be fired upon by a rouge nation (under secret orders from Obama) using nuclear missiles with the excuse of better safe than sorry, targeting it just as it passes over the US and knocking us out with the following EMP pulse, burning out our grid and sending us back into the dark ages. Man it's cool to know when. It makes sense now. Obama promised change, I just didn't know how much.

Hair Nose Smile Head Eye

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.