Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
We keep the vehicle equipped all year round.

Nice article though......
[and I am that old neighbor]

Reactions: shotlady

·
Registered
481 Posts
I would add a couple things to the list:

Some really strong rope or even chains - something to tie on a muffler if it falls off (Had this happen twice in my lifetime) or something that you can attach to another vehicle to help pull you out if need be.

Also something to help you create traction under stuck tires, whether it be wooden boards, a bag of gravel, etc.

I also would keep some extra socks, gloves, and a fleece jacket for each person in your family. Digging out a stuck vehicle will soak your clothing and there's nothing worse than sitting there, freezing and waiting for rescue in wet clothing.

·
Registered
280 Posts
It's hard to have everything with you
and still have room for passengers. :)
But always, more is better.
Thank GOD there are still people
willing to stop and help.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Great article. I keep all of these things and several more in my truck year round with a little extra attention to some items in the 3 winter months we have here where weather can get you in a potential jam!

·
Registered
292 Posts
One of the most important things to add is a mobile phone and one with GPS locating service on it. Always have a spare battery (charged) in your vehicle or BOB with a car charger in it. Your battery cigarette lighter might just be a life saver. Get you one of those DC USB 2.1A adapter for quick charging.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
im prepped yr round. lived in tahoe for a very long time. been back roading for a very long time. would be stupid to not be prepped for a crash or break down

·
Registered
12 Posts
The most important thing is that make sure the tires have adequate tread.All-weather radials are usually adequate for most winter conditions.And first aid kit with pocket knife.
I agreed what's said above!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts