Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Inor's #1 rule for dealing with police: Don't, whenever possible. I give them a wide berth and they seem to give me a wide berth. Everybody is happier that way.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
and for heavens sake keep your hands out of your pockets when being questioned. I did that when I was young and got yelled at for it..nervous habit :roll:

Now a days I wouldn't do that because I'm older and know better...any kids reading.. this is aimed at you.

Reactions: yanagi

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Shoot first. From what I've seen lately this may be the best route. Before you end up shot dead reaching for your insurance or wallet on command. They are making it impossible for anyone to comply without risking great bodily harm.

Just getting stopped for a stupid seat belt violation could end up in a life or death situation. Depending if the officer didn't take his PSD meds.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I don't seemed to get hasseled by the man. I enjoy being profiled as middle class middle aged chick. if they come round they are scratching to get away cause i'll chatter their ****ing ears off about purses, cashmere, shoes, their mommas. being safe... I do sit on the police advisory board and enjoy a very easy relationship with officers. my energy doesn't suggest anything but friendliness and some one you may want to get away from quickly.

im not stupid :) men don't want to talk about purses and sweaters. not even with big titted broads. they always seem to "need to go" :)

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Pulled over, keep your hands on the wheel. Say yes sir, advise when reaching for anything. Do not say Huh. If you have big tits use them to your advantage, and I may start talking about purses now.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
From a Police perspective I have always liked this video. It behooves all of us to know our rights. I'm still going to get consent from idiots who are holding dope though. They are chumps. :)

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
From a Police perspective I have always liked this video. It behooves all of us to know our rights. I'm still going to get consent from idiots who are holding dope though. They are chumps. :)
My Mother taught me NOT to TALK to STRANGERS, without a GOOD Lawyer. (there are some).

And YOU are the STRANGEST SON OF BITCH I've ever seen.

·
Registered
24,403 Posts
Inor's #1 rule for dealing with police: Don't, whenever possible. I give them a wide berth and they seem to give me a wide berth. Everybody is happier that way.
Yup. As I tell my son, do not make yourself a target. If that means going five under the speed limit just to make sure, do it.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I rarely bump into any cops on an official basis (knock on wood) since I try to obey the law but occasionally things happen. I try to be respectful and not make any sudden movements. Hands on the wheel and dome light on at night. There are a bunch of highly scared rookies out there and they have guns.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Yup. As I tell my son, do not make yourself a target. If that means going five under the speed limit just to make sure, do it.
You're one of those. If I ever catch you in the far right lane, I will unleash my road rage on you.

Driving under the limit, against the flow of traffic, is as dangerous as driving twice as fast as every one else. Also, if you see a police vehicle and you slam on the brakes even though you were already doing the limit, you have no idea how much I want to do evil horrible things to you.

I will happily pass any officer driving slower than the limit. They cannot pull me over for it, and I'm not going to impede traffic behind me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a buddy who is a Philadelphia police officer.

With regard to being pulled over he always has suggested to me that if you get pulled over roll down all your windows, turn the dome light on (if night), turn the car off and put the keys on the dashboard and keep you hands on the wheel. When asked for your registration and insurance tell the officer that you are reaching into <whatever> to get what was requested.

For some reason, I guess the fear of people running off, they seem to appreciate the keys on the dash the most.

I've been pulled over 4 times in the last 10 years. All 4 times the officer told me they appreciated the actions I took before they got to the window.

3 warnings, 1 fixit ticket along with the officer's personal cell (which I did not request, another story).

·
Registered
24,403 Posts
You're one of those. If I ever catch you in the far right lane, I will unleash my road rage on you.

Driving under the limit, against the flow of traffic, is as dangerous as driving twice as fast as every one else. Also, if you see a police vehicle and you slam on the brakes even though you were already doing the limit, you have no idea how much I want to do evil horrible things to you.

I will happily pass any officer driving slower than the limit. They cannot pull me over for it, and I'm not going to impede traffic behind me.
Yes, I do the speed limit or five below, and yes, I am in the far right lane. The far right lane is the proper lane. Slower traffic keep right. Keep right except to pass. You know the signs.

Now that I have said that, I will tell the rest of the story. I also speed. When I speed, I mean I speed. Even then, I stay in the right lane except to pass. So, there! :p

Unleash your road rage on me, pal! Bring it! DO IT!! All of my vehicles are old. Another dent or mar will be nothing more than a battle scar! :lol:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
With regard to being pulled over he always has suggested to me that if you get pulled over roll down all your windows, turn the dome light on (if night), turn the car off and put the keys on the dashboard and keep you hands on the wheel. When asked for your registration and insurance tell the officer that you are reaching into <whatever> to get what was requested.
I like the Hunter S. Thompson method. Speed up considerably, but only because you need to find a safe spot to stop, and quickly. Usually this spot will be a mile or two farther up the road, so you need to get there as fast as you can. When you pull over, keep the engine on and idle it fairly high, just in case you need to get out of the way quickly. When you finally determine everything is safe, turn off the car, exit, and meet the officer as they are exiting their own vehicle.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Yes, I do the speed limit or five below, and yes, I am in the far right lane. The far right lane is the proper lane. Slower traffic keep right. Keep right except to pass. You know the signs.

Now that I have said that, I will tell the rest of the story. I also speed. When I speed, I mean I speed. Even then, I stay in the right lane except to pass. So, there! :p

Unleash your road rage on me, pal! Bring it! DO IT!! All of my vehicles are old. Another dent or mar will be nothing more than a battle scar! :lol:
Son. of. a. bitch. I meant the far left lane. That would explain why I get lost all the time.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I like the Hunter S. Thompson method. Speed up considerably, but only because you need to find a safe spot to stop, and quickly. Usually this spot will be a mile or two farther up the road, so you need to get there as fast as you can. When you pull over, keep the engine on and idle it fairly high, just in case you need to get out of the way quickly. When you finally determine everything is safe, turn off the car, exit, and meet the officer as they are exiting their own vehicle.
No no on exiting the vehicle. That gives them a real itchy trigger finger. Stay in the car until and if they ask you to step out. Driving 5 miles under the speed limit is a clue for a drunk driver and might get you stopped. A few miles over or right on the money is better. Stay out of the left lane as much as you can. That is where you will meet a drunk guest worker going the wrong way on a four lane because he thinks he is in the right lane of a two lane. Bunch of bad old gut slinging wrecks caused by that.

·
Registered
24,403 Posts
No no on exiting the vehicle. That gives them a real itchy trigger finger. Stay in the car until and if they ask you to step out. Driving 5 miles under the speed limit is a clue for a drunk driver and might get you stopped. A few miles over or right on the money is better. Stay out of the left lane as much as you can. That is where you will meet a drunk guest worker going the wrong way on a four lane because he thinks he is in the right lane of a two lane. Bunch of bad old gut slinging wrecks caused by that.
Absolutely! The days of getting out of the vehicle are long, long gone. If things go nicely, you will hear a voice telling you to get back inside your vehicle with your hands visible.

Society has changed and so have the cops.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts