Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Administrator
14,680 Posts
just like Florida with New Jerkers.
That ship sailed 40 years ago.
Growing up in South Florida (Palm Beach, Broward, and Dade Counties comprise South Florida) in the 50's and 60's was paradise.
Starting in the 70's we started getting pushed out by refugees from the Northeast, mostly Nu Yawk City, who brought their disgusting attitudes and politics with them.
By the 1980's it was becoming unbearable, all the beaches we grew up on were now walled off by condominiums full of yankees.

We made our escape in '95, and since my parents passed away I haven't been back.

Reactions: inceptor and Denton

·
Administrator
14,680 Posts
That ship sailed 40 years ago.
Growing up in South Florida (Palm Beach, Broward, and Dade Counties comprise South Florida) in the 50's and 60's was paradise.
Starting in the 70's we started getting pushed out by refugees from the Northeast, mostly Nu Yawk City, who brought their disgusting attitudes and politics with them.
By the 1980's it was becoming unbearable, all the beaches we grew up on were now walled off by condominiums full of yankees.

We made our escape in '95, and since my parents passed away I haven't been back.
And now y'all may begin to realize why loud mouth New Yorkers disgust me so much. Even Presidents.

·
Administrator
14,680 Posts
Reactions: Denton

·
Super Moderator
8,587 Posts
Your negativity on this matter has ceased to make me grit my teeth and started to make me laugh. This amount of negativity is too asinine to be real. Thanks for the chuckle.
What you fail to recognize is that each person's thoughts and attitudes are taught by life. Life experiences have brought you where you are as it did me, RPD and everyone else. Life experiences made me who I am and what I believe. If you want all to agree with you then you've set yourself up for disappointment. Not gonna happen.

I can tell you that all of us have had divergent backgrounds. Life taught me many things as it has everyone else. One can disagree with another based on emotion or fact without denigrating that person.

I like and respect many here. I don't always agree with them but they still are respected. With the above statement, you have shown you deal emotionally and with little respect.

Do I agree with his assessment? No. Yet I understand he has his opinion and I have mine. Actually I mostly do agree with him but not on this subject. My reasoning is different from his on this. Yet have you seen me get ugly over an opinion? OK, well maybe a troll or two. Generally I believe even you are allowed your opinion. And we are talking opinions not facts.

******* tends to deal in facts with a side of sarcasm. I don't always agree with him but I like his style and respect the man. Slippy, well he is who he is. He is respected here. I could go on but you get the picture. You can disagree without snide remarks.

I'm no psychologist, nor do I play one on TV. This wasn't learned in school but taught by life experiences.

·
Banned
23,899 Posts
What you fail to recognize is that each person's thoughts and attitudes are taught by life. Life experiences have brought you where you are as it did me, RPD and everyone else. Life experiences made me who I am and what I believe. If you want all to agree with you then you've set yourself up for disappointment. Not gonna happen.

I can tell you that all of us have had divergent backgrounds. Life taught me many things as it has everyone else. One can disagree with another based on emotion or fact without denigrating that person.

I like and respect many here. I don't always agree with them but they still are respected. With the above statement, you have shown you deal emotionally and with little respect.

Do I agree with his assessment? No. Yet I understand he has his opinion and I have mine. Actually I mostly do agree with him but not on this subject. My reasoning is different from his on this. Yet have you seen me get ugly over an opinion? OK, well maybe a troll or two. Generally I believe even you are allowed your opinion. And we are talking opinions not facts.

******* tends to deal in facts with a side of sarcasm. I don't always agree with him but I like his style and respect the man. Slippy, well he is who he is. He is respected here. I could go on but you get the picture. You can disagree without snide remarks.

I'm no psychologist, nor do I play one on TV. This wasn't learned in school but taught by life experiences.
Respect or not, we dare where we are, regardless of what people think. Understanding it or denying it. Head in the sand or head up and on a swivel.

·
Administrator
14,680 Posts
Your negativity on this matter has ceased to make me grit my teeth and started to make me laugh. This amount of negativity is too asinine to be real. Thanks for the chuckle.
Electoral votes are done on Monday ( today), filling a suit today is closing the barn door after the horse has escaped.
Joe Biden will be elected, nothing is going to change that.
My name is not Pollyanna, I can accept hard facts, deal with them, and move on with life.

Reactions: Redneck

·
Registered
2,625 Posts

I am not sure why you have decided my last comment to RPD is disrespectful or product of emotion. It was a light-hearted comment based in fact. I did indeed chuckle. RPD has been consistent in denigrating the current President of the United States. For awhile, as I have told him, I have gritted my teeth at his characterization of the man and his accomplishment. Out of respect. Yesterday, it became funny to me that he feels the need to say something negative about President and the current situation every other post or so. So I chuckled. RPD is a man. I would like to think he would not react to common discourse in a junior-high-girl sort of way. I have great respect for RPD and while I don't agree with his opinions on this current matter, it does not change the fact that I respect him (and have told him so). I do not understand your thinking that I don't respect his life experiences or that I want everyone to agree with me. It is an internet forum. People are likely not going to agree. I understand that RPD's (and for that matter, anyone and everyone else's) life experiences may be different than my own. I extend them the courtesy of being able to express their opinions just as I expect them to allow the same from myself. There is nothing personal in the entire equation. We are all men here (well, other than the women) and put our pants on one leg a a time. There is no need for anyone to get their panties in a bunch, as hopefully we are not wearing any. I like RPD, and like most other folks around here. Anyone that doesn't feel that I like them to their satisfaction, well.....be more likeable, I guess. I think we can disagree about subjects here without people getting flouncy.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
I think that this post has generated more replies than
anything that I have posted.

I understand why Colonel West said what he said; whether he meant it or not.

There is something going on in America now that is new. An enemy has ensconced itself, and they are everywhere.

And whether there is a civil war or not, conservatives can feel a tension and hatred that is palpable.

This battle will be fought in individual skirmishes, not by armies.

You may have to blow someone away, when they try to drag you out of your car. Or when they come to your house, to teach you a lesson.

This fight will be low intensity, and low down.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Too bad Monday will be too late.
What I do, when something doesn't make sense, is to remember there's something I might not know. In this case, it's the process of certifying the electors' votes. Deadline for that is December 23rd.

https://apnews.com/article/when-do-electoral-votes-need-to-be-in-970e6b8c8474c77ac6ab4fb0d56caa5b

"IS THERE A DEADLINE BY WHICH THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE MUST OFFICIALLY HAVE ALL ITS VOTES IN?

Election Day is only one point in the process of the Electoral College, which decides who wins a U.S. presidential race.

After the polls close, states begin to count and certify popular vote results according to their respective rules. Federal law then requires governors to prepare, "as soon as practicable," official certificates to report the popular vote in the state. These documents, often signed by governors, must carry the seal of the state. One copy is sent to the archivist of the United States.

Electoral College electors in each state don't vote until Dec. 14. The electors' votes typically align with the popular vote in each state. But not all states require the votes cast by electors to mirror the popular vote. Certificates recording the electoral vote results in each state must be received by the president of the Senate and the archivist no later than Dec. 23.

The official results of the electoral votes are sent to the new elected Congress, which is set to meet in a joint session on Jan. 6, 2021, and announce the results."

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
Too bad Monday will be too late.
What I do, when something doesn't make sense, is to remember there's something I might not know. In this case, it's the process of certifying the electors' votes. Deadline for that is December 23rd.

https://apnews.com/article/when-do-electoral-votes-need-to-be-in-970e6b8c8474c77ac6ab4fb0d56caa5b

"IS THERE A DEADLINE BY WHICH THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE MUST OFFICIALLY HAVE ALL ITS VOTES IN?

Election Day is only one point in the process of the Electoral College, which decides who wins a U.S. presidential race.

After the polls close, states begin to count and certify popular vote results according to their respective rules. Federal law then requires governors to prepare, "as soon as practicable," official certificates to report the popular vote in the state. These documents, often signed by governors, must carry the seal of the state. One copy is sent to the archivist of the United States.

Electoral College electors in each state don't vote until Dec. 14. The electors' votes typically align with the popular vote in each state. But not all states require the votes cast by electors to mirror the popular vote. Certificates recording the electoral vote results in each state must be received by the president of the Senate and the archivist no later than Dec. 23.

The official results of the electoral votes are sent to the new elected Congress, which is set to meet in a joint session on Jan. 6, 2021, and announce the results."
I don't worry about process, so much as I care about the result. I think we all know what parts of the process were.

They stuffed the ballot boxes and hijacked the vote. They put a patsy into office, with a lady in waiting

If Biden makes it 2 years, it will be a wonder. Then, the lady in waiting gets to take his place.

And there you have the intended result.

This election will have catastrophic results.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I want to make a note here, President Lincoln was a genius and he was tough; he was a better general than his generals, until he met Grant. Who was a whiskey drinking fighting man.

That is what these modern day sissified Republicans always play down. They want to be buddies with their opponents, instead of busting their heads.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts