Teaching family
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Teaching family

This is a discussion on Teaching family within the Washington forums, part of the Regions category; I am in the Kitsap area and am going to be going camping as much as possible to get my family used to living off ...

Thread: Teaching family

Teaching family

I am in the Kitsap area and am going to be going camping as much as possible to get my family used to living off what we have and can catch/ gather. If anyone is intrested in perhaps setting up an informal gathering to share ideas and help others please let me know. I am fairly new to the area and am looking for a good place to go as well. It can be a weekend trip or even a week trip depending on schedules.
    Improvise, adapt and over come. Buckinbronco66

Re: Teaching family

I'm in Kitsap County, too. I don't have any suggestions about where to go and practice, but I do think it's a great idea. Basically I just wanted to say hi - it was pretty wild to see someone from Kitsap on here on the first few minutes I joined the forum!

Lisa

Welcome to the forum spiroll!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

welcome!

I appologize about taking a while to get back to you, but I went camping with my family down at TAHUYA STATE FOREST. It was our first campin trip as only our family; we have both gone camping with our families before, so it was an eye opener.

Back to the biz, we are going to be checkig out more state parks and forests and will be updating our gear list. If you would like I am going to post on the PREP OF THE DAY about our experience so check it out. I have lots of experience via the military living off the land and some experience hunting (hunting in california) Feel free to hit me up, I am new to prepping but am going to be building up certain things slowly.

Again welcome and hope your prepps go well
    Improvise, adapt and over come. Buckinbronco66

Banned

a Great video for reference, this was done on the CBC way back before survivalism was mainstream. It's called "survival in the bush" and it is a real eye opener. This guy uses skillsets so refined and simple you just want to smack yourself.

http://www.nfb.ca/film/survival_in_the_bush

Dont know how far you want to go but there is state land, not a park, in the Coweemen area and in lewis county that you can dry camp on. There is also Packwood which is natl forest i think

welcome

Sponsored Links