Wireless Security Cameras with Motion Sensor - My Youtube Review - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wireless Security Cameras with Motion Sensor - My Youtube Review

This is a discussion on Wireless Security Cameras with Motion Sensor - My Youtube Review within the Urban and Rural Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Old SF Guy I think your a good candidate for touching on the cellular interactive apps for security if you get into ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Wireless Security Cameras with Motion Sensor - My Youtube Review

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    I think your a good candidate for touching on the cellular interactive apps for security if you get into that. I liked your approach and content...informative and overall very educational. again..good job.
    Sounds interesting. Do you have an example of an interactive app for security or a brand name?

s.

The wifi security cameras at my college uses the free WiFi network. One day i downloaded an app called fing to see if anyone was stealing my wifi. I got the bright idea to scan the free WiFi and found the ip address of just about every camera at the school. Just a few more steps and someone could watch.

Quote Originally Posted by James m View Post
    The wifi security cameras at my college uses the free WiFi network. One day i downloaded an app called fing to see if anyone was stealing my wifi. I got the bright idea to scan the free WiFi and found the ip address of just about every camera at the school. Just a few more steps and someone could watch.
    Excellent point. Safety of the wireless signal is a big concern. The good news is Dropcam uses bank-level security to ensure that my live and stored videos are safe, even on unprotected open wireless networks. My video is encrypted in the camera before it is transmitted to the server and streamed securely to my devices using SSL encryption.

I have more detail on security at www.dropcamproreview.com
    Last edited by silver0202; 07-13-2014 at 03:36 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Google nest bought them out. What could go wrong?

I also use a Wireless camera in my chicken house. We are using the camera to see which chicken lays the first egg. It's aimed at the laying boxes and shoots photos every minute. I went with the Astek Mole. I like that I can pan/tilt/zoom it. For home security, I'm using a Swann Night Owl set up. I believe your camera has the ability to take shots every minute. You can use them to create really neat time lapse videos. I also sometimes use a GoPro Hero 3+ Black. It all just depends on what I want to film.

Wireless Security Cameras with Motion Sensor - My Youtube Review-08-mole_front.jpg
    silver0202 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubyagee View Post
    Google nest bought them out. What could go wrong?
    Google?s Nest buys Dropcam for $550 million | Dropcam Pro Review

Palo Alto, California — June 20, 2014 — Nest Labs, Inc. (nest.com) announced today that it has entered into an agreement to buy Dropcam for $555 million in cash, subject to adjustments.

Banned

My mom and her husband just installed some wireless surveillance camera's. They run through a Modem and into their DVR. They're okay quality, but a pain in the ass to access. Have to get the right remote, access the DVR, and so on. These are pretty cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links