Urban Stealth... - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Urban Stealth...

This is a discussion on Urban Stealth... within the Urban and Rural Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by nightshade yeah it would be like a tense armistice permanently so a constant watch would be a necessity. problem is in my ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Urban Stealth...

Quote Originally Posted by nightshade View Post
    yeah it would be like a tense armistice permanently so a constant watch would be a necessity. problem is in my situation I would not want my girl to even be on watch because it would put her in danger..id have trouble even leaving her alone in a warzone. we would most likely move together in scouting ect..this discussion brings a lot of troubles to mind. for one in a city as large as Houston my friends are so spread out that I wouldn't have safety in numbers..it is pretty much me and her if things get bad quickly.
    I will say this...never travel with your loved one if your not willing to put a bullet through her brain to save her from a worse fate. Be the dumb ass that says that will never happen...cause it can...be prepared. Leave them at home unless you are leaving for good and even then give them the means to end it all and instill the will to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    I will say this...never travel with your loved one if your not willing to put a bullet through her brain to save her from a worse fate. Be the dumb ass that says that will never happen...cause it can...be prepared. Leave them at home unless you are leaving for good and even then give them the means to end it all and instill the will to do it.
    Urban Stealth...-oh-my-god.png
    Huh?
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those that threaten it."
    The United States Navy

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are".
    Theodore Roosevelt

nightshade

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Jester View Post
    "...this discussion brings a lot of troubles to mind. for one in a city as large as Houston my friends are so spread out that I wouldn't have safety in numbers..it is pretty much me and her if things get bad quickly".

A very good reason to have an interim plan; e.g., group members meet at rally point and make adjustments.
    It may be at the most centrally located home/location. At least you have someone to cover your 6.
    good idea about meeting up..im the only guy who preps that i know personally ^^ and i dont talk about it with anyone. but u are right she has my 6 and i trust her with my life..the scene where mel gibson becomes his old self at fort wilderness from the movie "patriot" flashes through my mind as what would become of me if she was even threatened...the beast would reveal itself

• Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

nightshade

very intense but you may have a good point...its a tough decision.

really? you would want your loved one (wife...daughter) to get ass raped by 30 bikers because they captured you and disarmed or shot you? You wouldn't help her/them understand the way to ease the pain and avoid the slavery? You may post like I'm a dumb ass...but think about it for a while.
    My reaction was not to infer you are a dumb ass, but to show my astonishment. I would have thought I had this situation covered in my plan, but had not specifically considered this graphic scenario and now I am left sitting here with it running through my head.
    The United States Navy

Theodore Roosevelt

Here is a good resource that covers a number of issues that have been brought up in this thread. It's the US Army Military Police Leaders Handbook. This Field Manual covers valuable information like “Preparing for Combat”, “Constructing Fighting and Survivability Positions” all the way to “Reconnaissance Operations” and finally “Base Defense”.

http://armypubs.army.mil/doctrine/DR...f/fm3_19x4.pdf
    The United States Navy

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Arklatex View Post
    Yep. Exactly what I meant.
    Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

I don't care if it's now, or 18 seconds from now. Without planning, or at least squad based SOP's...you probably won't make it out. Ever hear the phrase, "no plan survives first contact"?

And FWIW, books/field manuals are great, but nothing replaces actual experience. Reading about how to build a DFP is NOT the same as actually constructing one, nor is squad based moving and fighting in urban environments. If you truly had to go NOW...as in right this very second...you wont make it ten feet because I promise you, you're not carrying your rifle, 500 rounds, body armor and ruck as you're reading this.

That's why there are bug out plans. You should've taken the time to discuss/plan your exit strategy with your loved ones already. If you haven't, better get on it. If SHTF right NOW! and you gotta go...should be as simple as grabbing your gear and pressing the go button.
    Last edited by Smokin04; 06-18-2014 at 10:46 AM.
    Hemi45 and Michael_Js like this.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato

Fate whispers to the warrior, You cannot withstand the storm. The warrior replies, I am the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Arklatex View Post
    I agree with proper planning for bug out. I keep a ghb and multiple planned routes for that reason. I also have plenty of gear in the truck. What I meant though was that if you have an option to move to a rural area now (not bugging out, relocating) you will be much better off in SHTF.
    I absolutely agree with that.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato

Fate whispers to the warrior, You cannot withstand the storm. The warrior replies, I am the storm.

Also this one, SURVIVING IN ARGENTINA
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    Samuel Adams

•  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links