Water Bob?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Water Bob?

This is a discussion on Water Bob? within the Urban and Rural Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Came across this product online WaterBOB®: emergency drinking water storage and it seems like a good idea. Do any of you folks have any experience ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Water Bob?

Water Bob?

Came across this product online WaterBOB®: emergency drinking water storage
    and it seems like a good idea. Do any of you folks have any experience with the water bob. Thanks in advance.

My plans are for bugging-in if possible. 1000sq foot home in a small suburban community. I found the product for $20. Just thought it would be a good option for on demand water storage. Takes about a 1/2 hour to fill up and holds 100 gals.

Got one, ordering another soon. They are very thin plastic, so be careful and don't tear, rip or cut. the bath tub is necessary to support the thin walled balloon of water.
    I plan on putting down a towel to pad the area around the drain and the overflow, etc. Actual capacity depends on size of bath tub. Could be as low as 60 gallons. Only problem is someone has to fill it when SHTF.
    jc74 likes this.

I have no experience with the product but it looks like a good idea to me. I'm anxious to hear any first hand feedback but I think I'll buy it. Thanks for the lead.
    jc74 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

My sister has one. They have city water and she thinks if TSHTF they will still have water pressure
    for a little while. Makes sense to me. They have drinking water put back but this just looks like a good idea.
    jc74 likes this.

AHK! I just went to cheaper than dirt, agaisnt my better judgement to order the Water Bob from them. OMG, they wanted $15 for S&H. I ordered it from the above link, only $5 S&H. Last time I will even think about that Damn place.
    Go2ndAmend and jc74 like this.

Cheaper than Dirt can kiss my bacon soaked behind. They are nothing but a bunch of money grubbing poo poo's who overinflated the price of their ammo to the point of extortion. I will never do business with them again. Sorry, I know this off topic but I just came from the shop after welding some dirty metal and breathed a little toxic fumes.

Banned

I have a water bed liner that I am thinking about filling... I'm thinking it will hold water like a tank, just not sure if it has a leak or not yet...
    jc74 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I have a water bed liner that I am thinking about filling... I'm thinking it will hold water like a tank, just not sure if it has a leak or not yet...
    I have used one as a portable water bladder for many years. To protect it from tearing the seams apart, I only put in in the bed of a pick up truck I could haul about 60 gallons at a time (500 Pounds). I never let the water sit in the thing, it was fill it, haul it, drain it into another tank.
    jc74 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    I have used one as a portable water bladder for many years. To protect it from tearing the seams apart, I only put in in the bed of a pick up truck I could haul about 60 gallons at a time (500 Pounds). I never let the water sit in the thing, it was fill it, haul it, drain it into another tank.
    That was my only concern. It seems like a steal for only 20 bucks but would it be durable enough? I'm still going to pick one up even just as a back up. Thanks ya'll.

We have two of the water bob's, but I can't remember where I got them. I figure one will go in the bathtub and Inor can build something for the other.
    jc74 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links