SHTF Fight or flight?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

SHTF Fight or flight?

This is a discussion on SHTF Fight or flight? within the Urban and Rural Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Are you going to fight the bad people when the time comes or get out of dodge and bug in?...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: SHTF Fight or flight?

SHTF Fight or flight?

Are you going to fight the bad people when the time comes or get out of dodge and bug in?

Re: SHTF Fight or flight?

We are planning to bug in, but we live in a rural area. There is some gang activity here, but more people that will defend their homes and communities.
    usav8er and Tundra Dweller like this.
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Banned

I have my bases covered but yeah given the first sign of trouble I'll turn into Myrle from the walking dead in like 2.1 seconds. Play no games because generally people are unreasonable and will not be persuaded
    Denton likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I have barely any preps so bugging in wouldn't help me much, but that is my plan. My Dad is a very handy man and can make things/fix things, my mom is my mom. I'm the only one in the house with a firearm and ammo (I have over 2k in ammo which isn't much in my opinion). We have a creek that runs in the backyard, and quite a decent pantry. So I don't know exactly what would happen. We could defend ourselves for sure but sustain is a different story.

also, we have a police officer on our block but in SHTF I think having that is a FALSE sense of hope. They will most certainly be called out to help maintain order or they will get the fuck out faster then anybody else.

Fight. Only if provoked.
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

Banned

I have too many kids to try and bug out so I'm going to have to stay in place for the most part and defend. I live in a county with several different military bases so it should get interesting if SHTF. I can look out my back window and see the top floors of the enlisted baracks less than 1 mile as the crow flies. I think there will be some initial issues with gangs/looters, but people won't stand for that for long. We as a society have to much of an inner need for law and order to allow people like that go unchecked for extended periods of time.
    preppermama likes this.

personally I have a good stock pile of ammo and food probly enough for several months but if you walk in my home you would never know, but without it In a dead, trying to scavange whatever I can and at the end I'll die of dehydration. I have 2 ARs, a tactical shotgun, 3 .45's a 9mm and a .22 rifle to be divided up between 4 people. My family live 3 blocks away if too many people came at me I would want my family to run but I'm don't think I'm going anywhere unless the others have a problem with doing what need to be done i would go to do if for them, however I would probly torch the place if I can't have my supplies no one can. In the worst case senario there would be bad people looing like they decent families scouting for your suppies, so I would be one of the most ruthless people around. (I like Leon' s the walking dead reference) I almost perfectly fit Shane with only one priority - SURVIVAL - and not being politicaly correct over your life. I was hacked up with a meat cleaver in 2008, 15 scars, years to recover, never got financialy compensated, and he got 6 months in jail. I was almost killed or crippled because I tried to not put him down only because of fear of incarceration and it almost cost me my life and now I'm in a survival mode meover whoever threatens me. I was drunk so I didn't realize how bad I was hurt or I would have done it regardless of consequences. you need to defend your provisions because they are your life line or your already dead. I know it sounds harsh but we are talking about a time where there are no cops, laws or morrals just the life and death or your family and I don't think starving people will be reasonable they may kill your family for the bones in your trash can. protect your families its called survival guys. fight unless an overwelming forceshows up. If that happens torch your stockpile and bug out, don't give sick looters the satisfaction of surviving on your supplies.
    Irish, thegtwyo86 and Teenbigfoot like this.

Hunker down and bug in unless I absolutely have to get out.
    Pray for the best, prepare for the rest.
    Hidden Content

Bunker down and fight. and never forget the rule of double tap. Just in case.
    Tundra Dweller likes this.

Since we live outside of any large city and store all of our food, water and supplies in our home we will stand our ground and protect what is ours. We are well armed with everything from an AR15 down to a slingshot and I have 3 grown sons from 31 years old up to 39 years old that are all well versed in the use of weapons, hunting and fishing. Our ammo stock is large and well stored and we should be able to stand against most groups for some time. I hope that it will be easier for looters to seek easier places once they see the total body counts outside our home. Of course my real hope, and prayers are that we never have to face this senario.
    "What Goes Around Comes Around...I Just Make Get There Faster"

Banned

"armed" is a state of mind. You are no more armed because you have a gun than you are a musician because you own a guitar" (Jeff Cooper) It takes a lot of time and money to learn to use guns well, learn combat tactics, practice them enough to make them reflexive, as they must be for combat usage. Forget the castle bs and hide well, underground. Come out only at night, only to dispose of wastes and to get more water. Fighting just convinces the desperate that you have stuff worth taking. Many will have no intentiton of going anywhere else. They will lay for you, snipe you, burn you out, etc.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links