Do You Ever Relocated To The Country For Prepping? - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Do You Ever Relocated To The Country For Prepping?

This is a discussion on Do You Ever Relocated To The Country For Prepping? within the Urban and Rural Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I miss the country.. I was born and raised in the county in MN. I was so mad at my parents when they moved us ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Do You Ever Relocated To The Country For Prepping?

I miss the country.. I was born and raised in the county in MN. I was so mad at my parents when they moved us to a city in CA, was happier when they moved us to a smaller town in UT...well now my husband has moved us to SLC... I am DYING!!! Once school is over I am going back down to a smaller town if not the country (though he is a city boy through and through might be a it hard)

If/when you move to the country try to fit in, learn about the individual people. That was one of the biggest things I loved about country...the people. Live like they do...off the land..which is one of the reasons you want to move there.

Did once never moved back. And had I tried the rest of the house would have wished me luck and stayed put.
    City is not the place for us.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I lived in a city for 43 years man and boy, in 1999 I married a country girl who couldn't stand the city so 6 months later we left the city and moved out into the country, I went back to the city about 3 years ago to visit a friend, I couldn't get out of there fast enough.
    Moonshinedave likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I took my time and read all the post of the subject. I believe most country folk use common sense to live their lives (something that is becoming rare for a lot of the US). I think almost all country people, least around here will judge people for who they are. Treat people right, with respect, treat people like you want to be treated, and you will be welcomed by almost all IMO.
    I've lived in rural WV almost all my life, and I'll tell you being from the sticks don't make people saints. I know plenty welfare generation type who have never worked a day in their lives, nor did their parents, and nor will PROBABLY their kids.
    I respect people who feel they need to earn their way through life, and not that the country owes them handouts. No matter where they are from.
    The only other thing I would say is if you are moving from the city to the country, then live in the country, don't try to turn the country into the city you just left, if you do, you probably will find yourself unwelcome.

Dredged up an old thread did ya.
    Well since I posted back in 2013, I've been forced to relocate back into the city. It's a temporary situation, but a situation non the less. Next time I move out it will be one hell of a long ways out. Cities are like ant piles.

Quote Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
    Dredged up an old thread did ya.
    Well since I posted back in 2013, I've been forced to relocate back into the city. It's a temporary situation, but a situation non the less. Next time I move out it will be one hell of a long ways out. Cities are like ant piles.
    SO does this mean you failed to prep for the situation

Quote Originally Posted by alterego View Post
    On the dirt road just to the North of my house there is a 56 acre portion of a farm that is up for short sale, 40 acres of the farm is fenced in with 10 feet tall fence, as it was a deer farm a few years ago. There is a pond and a designated trout stream running through the farm. They now have cattle grazing in the fields that were once a deer pasture and wooded section. There is a two story farm house on a hill approx. 1500 sq feet with an old barn, a pole barn and a chicken coop. It is being offered by a realator for 191 thousand. some one offered 150, and it was denied. You could likely get it for 175,

This is the perfect little get away farm. If you had the means you could retreat here and never be seen again unless you want to the back of the property is wonderfull.

http://goo.gl/maps/69F4t
    Nice area, but how do you stand the weather? It gets a little too exciting up there for my taste. I'm about 300 miles se of you or so. Does sound like you've got good neighbors...
    I wouldn't want to be part of any organization that would allow me to be a member.

In Memorium
    Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Jim View Post
    I was born and bred in a city and have lived in them all my life. As a city-dweller the light pollution means i can't see the stars, so the first thing I'd do if I was ever lucky enough to have a "little kingdom" like this in the country would be to go out at night and look at the stars and enjoy the silence, just me and the universe face to face..
    (The red barbed wire coils are to stop cheeky zombs coming up and peeping through the windows)

Just a couple thoughts on your kingdom. Go for more land. I know you look at your pretty picture of a dream farm and smile, but you really want more room to grow feed for those animals. And you should include a couple of horses. Especially post-SHTF, horses will be very useful. Outside of that, an acre is plenty of space to grow food for one family, what with canning. You DID learn canning and putting stuff up in jars, right? And stockpiled the canning supplies? Anyway, the rest of the 8 acres or so will go for a woodlot. Heating with wood (right?) Takes a bunch of trees and the dang things don't grow overnight.
    Last edited by thepeartree; 09-15-2014 at 09:19 PM.
    I wouldn't want to be part of any organization that would allow me to be a member.

In Memorium
    Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links