Anyone else have neighbors that will become a liability WTSHTF?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Anyone else have neighbors that will become a liability WTSHTF?

This is a discussion on Anyone else have neighbors that will become a liability WTSHTF? within the Urban and Rural Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I was wondering if anyone else has neighbors like I have. While I live in a very rural area I have a few neighbors close ...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Anyone else have neighbors that will become a liability WTSHTF?

Question Anyone else have neighbors that will become a liability WTSHTF?

I was wondering if anyone else has neighbors like I have. While I live in a very rural area I have a few neighbors close by and the closest one I believe is going to be a problem for me when TSHTF. He seems to be one of these 40 year old adolescents that never really grew up. He and his girlfriend are gainfully employed and take care of themselves at the moment but seem to only live for the weekends so they can party hard with their buddies. While we are busy on our side of the line gardening, planting orchards, canning and the like. They drink lots of Bud Lite, stay up late, and of course they have guns.
    I can see them getting very hungry very fast when things fall apart and I don't think they would think twice about helping themselves to our stuff.
    Having said that while I am no "high speed death machine" we are more than capable of defending what we have but any exchange of gunfire with anyone leaves open the very real possibility of someone on our side taking a dirt nap.

Has anyone been through a natural disaster and had to deal with people like this when the system as we know it ceases to exist?

I have other neighbors a little further away than this character (1/2 mile or more)that seem to be more self sufficient that I'm not worried about as much but this guy and his buddies give me a reason to pause and ponder what I might have to do to keep my family safe.

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    I think just about anyone has at some point. I have multiple times and have some adult aged adolescents living next to me right now I know will be trouble when shtf and things get bad. You simply have to prepare to deal with them as best you can. If you've got any family members that live eslewhere that could add to your strength when things go bad you might see about having them hold up with you. Conflict and shtf in such a way will be a part of life. Same as it can be now, but on a far more aggressive and violent level. If you want to survive you'll have to meet violence with violence, because in reality that's the only way to meet it once the time for peacable solutions has passed.
    northernmaine likes this.

Yes we all have neighbors who will be a liability after shtf. We all have neighbors now who are liabilities as a burden on society.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

My neighbor knows I'm heavily armed, he has seen me send hundreds of rounds downrange. I have two grown children with spouses that will be coming here when the balloon goes up, we will have plenty of firepower and manpower.
    TG likes this.

I've got the same neighbors. Problem is we're related. It'll be that much harder to "get them outta the way".
    northernmaine and big al like this.

Not any where near by. However if there was any threat would be dealt with as needed.
    SHTF don't come here unless invited.
    northernmaine, Deebo and Innkeeper like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I have one set of neighbors in particular that I am wary of. I do have three sets of neighbors that I believe will be quite useful in a mutual support situation, but we live in a subdivision and there are a lot of people I don't really know on other streets.

You have voiced an idea that I have managed to push to the back of my mind for years. While one of my immediate neighbors would be an asset the other would be a burden. Fortunately the group is small and I know they (all females) are unarmed. Unfortunately at least one boyfriend is "gangsta" and I would not doubt he would be a real threat. The idea of being forced to defend my place from a friend or neighbor is the biggest reason I could see for bugging out. To me, it's a lot easier to say no to a stranger than a neighbor and back it up with the necessary force to get NO across to them. I wish I had more neighbors like the one who is preparing, albeit slowly due to money and lost job. I would not hesitate to share. I guess you have to do, what you have to do. I just don't know if I would be stupid and hesitate, I pray not.

As i've mentioned before,I live in a very rural area as well with two of my best friends/families being my nieghbors and are also preppers.But we do have a third that is not,an old sickly man (which him and I have had many words over the years).Now that he's in bad shape,his 40 something year old son and his whore moved in to "assist" with the dads needs.To give you an idea,the boy has a mullet that looks just like Joe Dirt's and they (him and her) are covered in prison tattoos.They have in and out traffic at all hours which makes the rest of us think he's dealing drugs or running a meth lab as they have pretty much taken over the dads trailer.They've had the sheriff there numerous times over thier fighting with each other and people that show up.One time they and another couple ended up brawling naked in thier yard and once again had the sheriff haul them away (it was not a pretty sight,lol).They are the classic definition of white trash.When SHTF happens,we figure on them being our first source of trouble makers,but any acts toward us,violent,stealing,or whatever will be dealt with swiftly.Our 3 families are all in agreement that we will not live in fear from these two as i'm sure we'll have bigger challenges to face ahead.

The day after it hits the fan I'm telling all my neighbors that in the day time they are allowed to visit but after dark I will shoot anyone on my property. It's a well understood axiom of society that after dark a person does not have the ability to determine a persons motives it is assumed they are bad.

Once I told the scumbag neighbor that, then just set a half empty bottle of booze in plain sight and ambush them when they sneak over to take it, put them out of your misery and problem solved.

I don't know a couple of newer neighbors as they are anti social but I don't have any obvious problems, this is a preemptive move.
    NRA Patron Member
    Platoon Sergent M1 Tank Company (retired)
    Montana sucks, tell your friends

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links