Staying put or Mobile? - realistically speaking in SHTF long term.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Staying put or Mobile? - realistically speaking in SHTF long term. within the Urban and Rural Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; So which option would be the best option? Hunkering down for long term or being prepped to moblize stealthy long term? Say you are with ...

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: Staying put or Mobile? - realistically speaking in SHTF long term.

So which option would be the best option? Hunkering down for long term or being prepped to moblize stealthy long term? Say you are with a 5 to 10 group party maximum, at varied degrees of expertise via military to no experience at all. What is the overall opinion here?

Too many variables and personal capabilities along with the depth of their preparations to consider for a finite answer.

But I do know, if you are "bugging out" it would be a good idea to have a prepared and intentional place to go to.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Welcome

Agree with Watchman. Way too many variables.

however a group of 10 or so individuals roaming the landscape would tend to look like a bunch of scavengers

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Retired Moderator

I believe everyone should have a bug out places in mind, for that just in case scenario. For example, if a fire, flood or anything else causes you to leave your bug in location what are you going to do? I personally plan to bug in but have a location in mind if I have to leave temporarily or until I can get back to my bug in location.
    Hidden Content
    Remain calm, All is well

It would be harder to remain mobile for the long haul, especially with children and elderly if that is part of your group. Staying put or bugging out to a different location still requires supplies and shelter. Being mobile really limits what you have.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Camel is correct,just how long will that 72 hour kit last beyond 72 hours. You can only take so much with you and nothing lasts forever. Bug in at least you have what it takes to survive. Bug out only as a last resort.
    A Watchman likes this.
    We have a four box system,the soap box,the ballet box,the jury box and the cartridge box!

Much depends on the event...

EMP with no cars running... stay put
    Pandemic with lots of illness - stay put
    Nuclear attack... where it happens matters
    UN Invasion...stay put, collect rifles and count coup...lol
    Be a Berean

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brentwood View Post
    So which option would be the best option? Hunkering down for long term or being prepped to moblize stealthy long term? Say you are with a 5 to 10 group party maximum, at varied degrees of expertise via military to no experience at all. What is the overall opinion here?
    If given the choice I will always stay where the majority of my supplies and land are. I have several options but staying home is the most attractive. BUT.......if you can't drink the water or breathe the air.....it's time to load up.

Last edited by Brentwood; 05-30-2016 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brentwood View Post
    The variables are too many to summise but,,,, ready for mobility in a seconds notice is a must. The team must find semi secure non-permanent bug out locations dependent upon the current threats assesed. UN invasion will be a complete lock down situation in the city and sweeps will definitly be conducted in rural and farther outlying areas. They will coerce all citizens into controlled zonal areas. Staying put will be solely contingent upon the degree of your own security capabilities, resources and the current geographical threat assesment. At some point mobility will become a complete necessity for most. Perfect example is hurricane Katrina... Staying put became a death sentence for everyone who could not get mobile. Mobility means any mode possible to include walking or even swimming in the later case.... So I ask the question,,,, what are you ready for?? Adapt and overcome!!!
    Last edited by Brentwood; 05-30-2016 at 06:27 PM.
    A Watchman likes this.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links