Staying put or Mobile? - realistically speaking in SHTF long term. - Page 13
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Staying put or Mobile? - realistically speaking in SHTF long term.

This is a discussion on Staying put or Mobile? - realistically speaking in SHTF long term. within the Urban and Rural Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; comes down to keeping ALL options on the table..... I could flee the homestead if need be, but in middle of a ND winter? where ...

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: Staying put or Mobile? - realistically speaking in SHTF long term.

comes down to keeping ALL options on the table..... I could flee the homestead if need be, but in middle of a ND winter? where am I going to go? yes in the event of a Royal Flush (SHTF) I will have a few backup hideouts/fall back positions that will keep my family alive for a bit if wee have to surrender the Alamo. but being a wandering vagabond who could be shot at will by possibly MILLIONS of other wandering vagabonds makes little sense to me... but then again, I have a better location than many.
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

I, too, chose a place where these what-ifs are not an issue. I bugged out years ago. I'm not going anywhere.
    SOCOM42 likes this.

If I bug out with no undiscovered retreat, where will I go-do? All my preps are at home. I stay put, no way I can carry my preps and arms. Till the last dog is hung!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose View Post
    If I bug out with no undiscovered retreat, where will I go-do? All my preps are at home. I stay put, no way I can carry my preps and arms. Till the last dog is hung!
    I learned a long time ago, ya never say never.

You can say I will do my utmost to prevent it but you never say never.
    Denton likes this.

No longer here.

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    I actually own a copy of the Torah. And yes, I have read it. I wanted to compare the 2. But you weren't quoting the Torah nor the Old Testament.

I am not a theologian by any stretch of the imagination and belong to no denomination.

I am not a trained warrior, nor a ninja, I'm not a highly skilled assassin and have never been in the military. The president and joint chiefs don't have me on speed dial. Hell, they don't even know who I am. So I understand I am not in your league. But I'm okay with that. I could also give a rats ass whether you like or respect me. I'm just an ordinary guy and I understand your disdain for my type. I'm okay with that too.
    I am not sure what League you think I'm in inceptor?

I have no disdain for the ordinary. Most of those that I served with never tasted from "The Silver Spoon", nor felt comfortable inserted into any "Grandiose Arenas".

Without your hard earned Tax Dollars most of US that served wouldn't have been trained warriors. Yes I had the opportunity to serve in the military, so have many others. I don't believe that there are many surviving Unskilled assassins? I'm not sure if the president or the joint chiefs even had speed dial during the years I served, but I received more one way communications from the Chief of Naval Operations than were to my liking.

But the crux of this biscuit is adaptation. So I agree with your "never say never" statement.

Quote Originally Posted by M118LR View Post
    I am not sure what League you think I'm in inceptor?

I have no disdain for the ordinary. Most of those that I served with never tasted from "The Silver Spoon", nor felt comfortable inserted into any "Grandiose Arenas".

Without your hard earned Tax Dollars most of US that served wouldn't have been trained warriors. Yes I had the opportunity to serve in the military, so have many others. I don't believe that there are many surviving Unskilled assassins? I'm not sure if the president or the joint chiefs even had speed dial during the years I served, but I received more one way communications from the Chief of Naval Operations than were to my liking.

But the crux of this biscuit is adaptation. So I agree with your "never say never" statement.
    I made the call from the way you talk to people. And you're opinion of yourself that's out there. But I can tell you I've been wrong before. The jury is still out on this one so we will see if I'm wrong or not.

I have absolutely no say where my tax dollars are spend but funding the military has never been an issue for me. Some of the people I respect a lot are ex-military and there are more than a few here. Others here, like me, have never been military. There are those here I respect also. It wasn't because I didn't try to get in, at the intake center they classified me 4-F. Those who still serve, those who made it out and those who never made it home have a place in my heart. Also, at least to me, respect is earned, not just given freely.

My comments were based on what you have said so far, nothing else. And that's how I interpreted it. And I don't think I'm the only one. There are good and bad in all walks of life. I try to be respectful but sometime the sarcastic and asshole make there way out. I'm good at both, it's a talent I have. I was neither with you. I just stated what I gleaned from your statements.

BTW, did you ever look up what inceptor means? I'll make it easy. It's an old English word meaning one who is always learning. That's part of the reason I'm here.
    A Watchman likes this.

No longer here.

Does this mean I can't call you George anymore?

Remember, all you have is your perception of what you thought I typed. My opinion of myself is really simple, all I fear is failure. Long ago I learned that the mind can make the body do things far beyond comfortable. But as long as the spirit is willing, you can find a way. As to any jury, I've had to march to my own tune for far to long to hold anyone else to the standards that I demand of myself. But I will freely admit that I take far too many things for granted (or leave them unspoken) when responding.

Example: Don Carter was an exceptional Professional Bowler. He took 3 steps to deliver a bowling ball. Go to any bowling alley and observe how many bowlers deliver the ball taking only 3 steps? (Not 4 or 5.) In his day Don Carter was almost unbeatable, yet you almost always see 4 or 5 step bowlers. Even in my example I take for granted that you have bowled inceptor.

ps: when you figure out how to formulate your questions inceptor, I'll do my best to give simple answers.
    Last edited by M118LR; 07-06-2016 at 05:45 PM. Reason: ps

My plan is to stay in until there is a better option or my bug in option is done. My home is where my family is most comfortable and it is the place I am most comfortable defending. There are an infinite amount of variables that could change that plan and I do have two or three locations go to if the situations arises. My ultimate goal would be to work my way back home.
    inceptor likes this.

Does this mean I can't call you George anymore?
    Yes you can still call me George. I don't want to make it too hard on you.

Remember, all you have is your perception of what you thought I typed. My opinion of myself is really simple, all I fear is failure. Long ago I learned that the mind can make the body do things far beyond comfortable. But as long as the spirit is willing, you can find a way. As to any jury, I've had to march to my own tune for far to long to hold anyone else to the standards that I demand of myself. But I will freely admit that I take far too many things for granted (or leave them unspoken) when responding.

Example: Don Carter was an exceptional Professional Bowler. He took 3 steps to deliver a bowling ball. Go to any bowling alley and observe how many bowlers deliver the ball taking only 3 steps? (Not 4 or 5.) In his day Don Carter was almost unbeatable, yet you almost always see 4 or 5 step bowlers. Even in my example I take for granted that you have bowled inceptor.

ps: when you figure out how to formulate your questions inceptor, I'll do my best to give simple answers.
    My perception is what it is. Maybe I miss read but I don't think so. My comments were how you talked to others and how I perceived it. I don't think I'm alone there either. But, you are who you are.

Yes I have bowled in the past.

I have no questions for you at this time nor did I before. But simple answers are probably good since I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack if a question should surface.
    M118LR likes this.

No longer here.

I do have a couple of things that have made me go Hmmm.

I agree that everyone should have preparations to shelter in place during most emergencies. Some natural disasters might be of the evacuation type, short term. But there is a difference between shelter in place and withstanding a siege. Without the expectation of a superior force arriving to disburse those laying siege to the castle, the only conclusion is extermination via slow attrition. So once the UN white armored vehicles start rolling in, or the barbarian horde encircles the Old Homestead, just how sturdy is the Castle's Keep? Being military I'd expect to take up arms with any US Armed Services that showed up at my door.

I've repetitively heard that folks live in areas that you can't take a shot over 100 yards, next time they are cleaning their gutters I recommend taking their field glasses up on the ladder with them. How far away is the top of the tallest tree that you can see with your field glasses? When you come under siege you can bet that an armed assailant is going to eventually climb up there. How much of your siege planning takes into account your inability to project beyond an over-run attack? That's if you can't be burned or blasted out of the Castle.

So I hope you glean that part of sniper training is counter sniper training along with threat evaluation etc inceptor. If my delivery is a bit coarse, please calk it up to droll excessive government training.

But on the lighter side, had you ever witnessed a 3 step bowler or watched Don Carter bowl? Did my example give you an opportunity to research and open another door to knowledge? Even though the subject was something as mundane as bowling. But I had hoped that we could reach a point in our conversation that we could discuss a common experience. Even though I once again was guilty of taking the mundane for granted.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Sponsored Links