Sewer System In Reverse! - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Sewer System In Reverse!

This is a discussion on Sewer System In Reverse! within the Urban and Rural Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by tinkerhell In canada here. The backflow valve as show in the video is in my basement not outside, it is the first ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Sewer System In Reverse!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerhell View Post
    In canada here. The backflow valve as show in the video is in my basement not outside, it is the first clean out /valve. When it is closed, my sewage line and basement drain is isolated from the main sewage line. Nothing runs in, nothing runs out.
    Easy access for sure....... but most of the lower half of the US has only seen a basement on TV.
    tinkerhell likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Check valves or backflow valves have been a code requirement around here for many years. If you have an old house you may be "grandfathered" out of the requirement but would be well advised to get one installed. Also a cut off valve in case the check valve leaks as has been mentioned by others. And if all else goes to h===, go down the line and cut out a section and plug it.

If I were far enough out I'd have a septic tank. You could put one in place ready to hook-up if needed without telling anyone. I know one fellow who had to service his and when they dug it up, it was an old cast iron pot belly stove laid in a gravel bed. Worked for probably a hundred years. He owned the place for 50 years and never knew about it.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

Banned

deleted
    Last edited by tinkerhell; 01-02-2016 at 07:27 AM.
    paraquack likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I too am on the side of big hill. I'm about 100 ft below the highest house but about 200 above the lowest point. Unless there is sewer damage from an earthquake, I don't think I'll problems. And no basement here.
    A Watchman likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links