Trauma plate + Plate Carrier?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Trauma plate + Plate Carrier? within the Urban and Rural Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Hi Since no European Company want sell a Trauma plate I will going for a new solution. Maybe the one I would like to buy ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Trauma plate + Plate Carrier?

Hi
    Since no European Company want sell a Trauma plate I will going for a new solution. Maybe the one I would like to buy are good or I die. Beside of the Plates what elese should I keep in my mind when I buy a Plate and a Carrier?
    When I was some years ago in Greece Security Personal in a Mall wear a Soft Amour Vest. Well the funny thing about that was the Guy was so overweight the Vest was just cover 1/3 of his front. That stuff was just for show I would say...
    So I dont want share the same experience. Are there Various size for plates to cover my hole front?
    Under a Soft Amour Vest there should be nothing hard in the case a Bullet hit the could not fracture and get inside the body.
    Bot about a Hard Plate? How much the deform? What elese should I keep in mind?
    Thanks
    ActionJackson likes this.

Medium size plates made with ALCOA 6061T6, 6.5 MM thick.

Carriers can be had from: Sportsman's Guide USA.
    ActionJackson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Medium size plates made with ALCOA 6061T6, 6.5 MM thick.

Carriers can be had from: Sportsman's Guide USA.
    Remember wearing the old flack Jackets with steel plates in them? I will not forget it.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Remember wearing the old flack Jackets with steel plates in them? I will not forget it.
    Oh yes, I remember them and the ones that were just for frags, I have a couple around here that came in an old surplus bid.

Sadly the US Company refuse to sell me some "Genuine" Plates so the next best Source is from China. There is only one hard way to find out how good the will be. Beside of that I looking for Infos what a good Plate Carrier make them good. I know I buy side Plates to. And I should wear Cloth without Button and Zipper to. Maybe your Gov want liberate my Country again for that case some preparation are necessary.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Oh yes, I remember them and the ones that were just for frags, I have a couple around here that came in an old surplus bid.
    Vietnam era flack jackets had no plates in them, and as you say were just for fragments.
    Helicopter pilots vests did have a steel plate, commonly called a "chicken plate."
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Vietnam era flack jackets had no plates in them, and as you say were just for fragments.
    Helicopter pilots vests did have a steel plate, commonly called a "chicken plate."
    There were versions with pockets for steel plates that could be put in them. They were an issue item.
    Just to clear something up. The Steel plates were not billed as bullet proof . The main idea was better protection from sharpnel. They were heavy and hard to move in.
    Some where I have one. I have not seen it in many years. Packed away with a lot of uniforms and junk some where.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 10-26-2020 at 09:45 PM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

The Good Cop

1969 issue flack jackets for ground troops in Vietnam had no plates nor a provision for them.
    Any special troops like Rangers or Special Forces didn’t wear one at all.
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 10-27-2020 at 12:29 PM.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Here is a picture of a FLAK vest used in WW2 by US aircrew members.

There are strips of Manganese steel fitted in their vests, used for protection from AAA fragments.

Trauma plate + Plate Carrier?-plate-armor.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    1969 issue flack jackets for ground troops in Vietnam had no plates nor a provision for them.
    Any special troops like Rangers or Special Forces didn’t wear one at all.
    Guys who rode on top of the M206 and M113 APC'S put them under their asses for protection.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links