How will it start?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How will it start?

This is a discussion on How will it start? within the Urban and Rural Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; This thread is part of the “Coming Civil War” group of threads. Please see the Primer/Premise thread --> HERE <-- for context and links to ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: How will it start?

How will it start?

This thread is part of the “Coming Civil War” group of threads.
    Please see the Primer/Premise thread --> HERE <-- for context and links to other related topics.

This one is where I have a blind spot.
    How this kicks off is a bit anomalous, as most war triggers are. The Revolutionary War was started because the redcoats tried to confiscate the contents of the armory and powderhouse at Lexington and Concord. The first Civil War was brought about after a long train of different issues compounded until an election of the first Republican president, and soon after, an attack on a military fort in South Carolina.

As for this one, my guesses on “triggers” are shared in the “When” thread.
    The immediately apparent re-elction of president Trump, or the slow progression of filling a SCOTUS seat then then SCOTUS determining a winner(any winner); these are my highest expectations of triggers.

Does anyone have a guess on how this kicks off?
    Coordinated attacks on police departments?
    Attacks on military installations?
    Attacks on power/water/fuel systems?
    Attacks on population centers or entertainment areas? (malls/amusement parks/etc)
    This won't be a war of clearly divided sides. There won't be lines of demarcation where “your side” is relatively safe in any given large geographical area. At least not at the start.
    Yes, small towns and cities will likely be safer than the more populated areas, and you'll know your neighbors and their views. Things will likely remain mostly civil in these areas, and the bad actors will be identified and routed quickly.

What ideas do you have for how this may start, and what we should keep a close eye on?
    Slippy and Prepared One like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

We are following the trajectory of Ukraine in February 2014 *EXACTLY*. I expect it will look almost the same but on a much larger scale.

Like Ukraine, it will start because of the outcome of the election. No matter who wins, the other side (most likely the left but I do not put it past our side as well) will claim election fraud. That will spark riots which will lead to confrontations between the rioters and police and National Guard. It will also include targeted assassinations. I doubt either side will end up the clear victor but the tumult will subside some once the economic impact starts to become unbearable for city people.

We will likely end up with some kind of economic oligarchy but still call ourselves a "representative republic", even though the whole system will be corrupt as hell and nothing close to the government our Founders gave us.

(Oh wait, that all happened already in 2000. Nevermind...)
    inceptor, Kauboy, Denton and 2 others like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Super Moderator

I'll take a stab at "reading the tea leaves"....

Regardless of who wins the election, it'll be contested by the other side. The economy will continue to go down the tubes, leaving people still even more angry and scared than they've been. So the left will keep doing what they've been doing: burning down cities and churches, knocking down public statues, etc. But the violence will escalate--until many on the right will have had enough and come out shooting. Then they'll be even worse violence. Then from there it's onto FEMA and martial law.

Hope I'm wrong.
    Robie, Kauboy, Michael_Js and 2 others like this.
    Let us use the time as best we may.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Enough Patriots will finally say NO MORE.

As I mentioned in another thread, it's already started and the first shots have already been taken. When will it get nasty? The election.
    Michael_Js and inceptor like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

A bit of tinfoil here, what if this was an assassination attempt ?

The Left infects Holly Hicks, who is DJT's closest aide, DJT meets with Congress and CocaineMitch

I can see DJT to be relieved from office and Pence will take over, who will test Positive soon. Since Trump and Pence would be incapable of doing their

jobs,

No more debates

SOTH takes over and kicks off further riots.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    Bucket-Back since 2004

What happens if the Left decides to riot Election Dy morning.. shutting the right down from even voting? Do they extend election day? Many counties are limited to one polling location due to covid already, and everyone knows where it is, wouldn't be hard to target them and throw it into chaos..
    Michael_Js likes this.
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    This thread is part of the “Coming Civil War” group of threads.
    Please see the Primer/Premise thread --> HERE <-- for context and links to other related topics.

This one is where I have a blind spot.
    How this kicks off is a bit anomalous, as most war triggers are. The Revolutionary War was started because the redcoats tried to confiscate the contents of the armory and powderhouse at Lexington and Concord. The first Civil War was brought about after a long train of different issues compounded until an election of the first Republican president, and soon after, an attack on a military fort in South Carolina.

As for this one, my guesses on “triggers” are shared in the “When” thread.
    The immediately apparent re-elction of president Trump, or the slow progression of filling a SCOTUS seat then then SCOTUS determining a winner(any winner); these are my highest expectations of triggers.

Does anyone have a guess on how this kicks off?
    Coordinated attacks on police departments?
    Attacks on military installations?
    Attacks on power/water/fuel systems?
    Attacks on population centers or entertainment areas? (malls/amusement parks/etc)
    This won't be a war of clearly divided sides. There won't be lines of demarcation where “your side” is relatively safe in any given large geographical area. At least not at the start.
    Yes, small towns and cities will likely be safer than the more populated areas, and you'll know your neighbors and their views. Things will likely remain mostly civil in these areas, and the bad actors will be identified and routed quickly.

What ideas do you have for how this may start, and what we should keep a close eye on?
    It's been started for months now.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I'll take a stab at "reading the tea leaves"....

Regardless of who wins the election, it'll be contested by the other side. The economy will continue to go down the tubes, leaving people still even more angry and scared than they've been. So the left will keep doing what they've been doing: burning down cities and churches, knocking down public statues, etc. But the violence will escalate--until many on the right will have had enough and come out shooting. Then they'll be even worse violence. Then from there it's onto FEMA and martial law.

Hope I'm wrong.
    You are not wrong unfortunately. The left has been pushing the notion of contesting the election for a number of months now. I believe they will do what they've been saying.

Trump interrupted their plans. The UN has been stating they are ready and willing to step in and fix our situation. I believe that began when obummer first took office. This was the goal. The goal being a one world government with a common currency. They call it the Great Reset. Starting with the highlights released from Davos, then a press release in June stating the same. This was supposed to be a smooth transition once the economy of the US was decimated. Trump threw a wrench into the mechanism. Now the have to reach that goal through other means.

Another factor that was supposed to happen but Trump stopped was the decimation of our military. obummer nearly made our military completely ineffective. This would have made bringing in the peacekeepers quite easy. Very little to no opposition. Trump messed up their plans.

So now they have to achieve their goals from another direction. They have experience using the Color Revolution. Why not use it here? @Inor is correct. This is playing out just like Ukraine. They have regime changes down to a science. What they haven't factored in is the hard headed 2A patriots. Gun control in other countries was not an issue. Here it will bite them in the butt.

Deagel has forecasted our population to drop by about 200 million by 2025. I see the possibility due to so many people who will not be able to defend themselves added to those lost in the war. On Sept 25 Deagel added a disclaimer stating we brought this on ourselves.

double post

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links