What to Expect this Fall and Winter
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on What to Expect this Fall and Winter within the Urban and Rural Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; From now until October we will see a gradual increase in new coronavirus cases. In October, we will likely have our first "explosion" of community ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: What to Expect this Fall and Winter

From now until October we will see a gradual increase in new coronavirus cases. In October, we will likely have our first "explosion" of community spread in addition to the beginning of the normal flu season. By January, we will get our second explosion of coronavirus community spread.

It is July, and the present expansion of the coronavirus cases will primarily hit in the service industries, as people make an effort to get the economy working again. Restaurants, banks, stores, and places where there is constant human traffic will be the most logical places for the disease to flow into the general population. It is likely that governments in some areas will choose not to shut down their economies. At this point, it really is moot whether the government chooses to shut down the economy or keep it operating. If it is shut down, it will just push the grand expansion of the disease until Fall and Winter. If the economies remain open, then the people in the service industries will get sick, and the businesses will have to close, anyway, when they run out of healthy employees.

The good news right now is that the death rates are declining. This is no doubt due to effective treatments, such as hydroxychloroquine and other treatments. (My strategy is to take yarrow capsules every day to fight off the infection before it starts; yarrow may also be effective in restoring the oxygen carrying capacity to the blood, which is ruined by the coronavirus.) It is also due to the fact that the hospitals are nowhere close to capacity at this time, which means those who go for treatment now can get good service and attention. Everything looks manageable for right now.

Things will change rather quickly when the hospitals fill up. Right now, there is a gradual increase in new cases, but as the disease spreads, the amount of increase will become more toward exponential. The more people who get sick, the more people who can become infected. As mentioned, I believe the breaking point will occur around mid October. Watch out for the hospitals filling up, because once they do, the quality of care will decrease as will the supply line for medical supplies. Once things start falling apart, the death rate will again climb. Not only will the death rate climb, but also the total deaths will skyrocket as well, which will cause a rather morbid bottleneck in the body disposal businesses. Just be prepared for the shock.

Since there is likely to be an explosion of disease spread in October, then that means that seasonal businesses, such as crop harvesting, food processing, seasonal butchering facilities, and other important food supply chains will start having lots of sick people. This will start a chain reaction that will cause an even greater food shortage this Winter and Spring than what we saw last Spring. Crops that do not get properly harvested and processed will spoil.

When an exceptionally large portion of the population becomes sick at the same time with both the coronavirus and the flu, all kinds of businesses will suffer, whether they shut down voluntarily, or due to lack of healthy employees. Use your imagination to think what will happen. The whole Winter and Spring will likely be a supply line disaster.

As I mentioned, there will likely be a second round in the first and second weeks of January, right after the holidays. People will be tired of suffering and will give in to celebrating during the holidays, whether there is a pandemic, or not. This will not be without consequences. Whatever problems we have had by the holidays, expect them to get worse afterward.

Keep in mind that here in the Northern Hemisphere, it will be Winter, and there will likely be some very cold spells and plenty of inclement weather. This will all take place on top of the pandemic and the normal flu season.

Keep in mind that last year the first wave of the pandemic started with just one person in China. Look at all the damage that was caused from just one person. Then consider that right now there are millions of currently infected people all over the world, and by October it will be tens of millions of people to start the next pandemic wave. And by January, there will be hundreds of millions, if not billions, of people to fuel the third wave. There is no escaping this pandemic. Even for those who never get infected, they will still be affected. Even those of us who have prepped and have a solid plan for survival, we too will be profoundly affected.

I will tell you what is even worse than the pandemic and the flu season heading for us. We can see it already all around us. There is mass hysteria occurring right now, and that hysteria will only get worse. Hysteria is when a problem is amplified because of excessive worry, fear, anger, and negative thinking. It is bad enough that the physical world is infected by a rapidly spreading disease, but this can be dealt with through planning and patience. As hysteria sets in, the problem seems like it will never be solved, that all hope is lost, that the future is lost, and that life has been overcome by evil and suffering. Don't let hysteria set in. Always keep coming back to the present moment. Always maintain awareness of your remaining strengths and your remaining happiness. Do your best and be grateful for what you have, no matter how much you lose, or how much the people around you lose.

In two years, this pandemic will be a memory. For those who prepared and held steadfast, the memory will be a memory of triumph. Life will go on for those who survive. Those who face this pandemic head on, and who stay grounded in their present moment and present surroundings, will feel like they have been through a great adventure. Approach this pandemic as though it is a serious challenge, and maintain the attitude of a survivor.

It will all be over after Nov 4th.

I'm more worried about the D-manureheads and their zombie army of looters and rioters.

Things will get ugly October and November is going to be scary no matter who wins POTUS election

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    I'm more worried about the D-manureheads and their zombie army of looters and rioters.

Things will get ugly October and November is going to be scary no matter who wins POTUS election

if we don't have another 2016 "Hellery by 22 points" bull crap belief by the liberals >>> could get damn nasty if it's obvious Biden died and Prez Trump is walking away with the office ...
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

I tend to zone out anyone who says, "Here's what will happen....."
    Slippy, Denton, stevekozak and 2 others like this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    It will all be over after Nov 4th.
    The scarcity of guns and ammo may mean my not many folks gonna be voting for pervy Joe. Not say that could prevent him winning of course. The devil and the democrats control the News media and the robes. Professors..Politicians and Judges.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    The scarcity of guns and ammo may mean my not many folks gonna be voting for pervy Joe. Not say that could prevent him winning of course. The devil and the democrats control the News media and the robes. Professors..Politicians and Judges.
    I’m not so sure having guns means a vote for Trump. A few weeks ago I was out on my morning walk. I saw two guys loading their car up with ‘evil black rifles’. I made a friendly comment to one and he replied that they were going to a large gun show in Pittsburgh. So from this exchange you would figure this guy is a Trumpster. Not so! He now has Biden signs on his front lawn. Some people are just plain stupid and I believe this stupidity is more common than I would like to think.
    Last edited by Chiefster23; 07-24-2020 at 04:49 AM.

Last edited by Camel923; 07-24-2020 at 06:54 AM.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

I know a couple of things. Ruth Bader Ginsburg is dead, Joe biden doesn't know what planet he is on, this republic is history, and the whole damn freakin world has done gone crazy ass stupid.

What I don't know is when or exactly how this whole shit show implodes.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    I’m not so sure having guns means a vote for Trump. A few weeks ago I was out on my morning walk. I saw two guys loading their car up with ‘evil black rifles’. I made a friendly comment to one and he replied that they were going to a large gun show in Pittsburgh. So from this exchange you would figure this guy is a Trumpster. Not so! He now has Biden signs on his front lawn. Some people are just plain stupid and I believe this stupidity is more common than I would like to think.

hard to believe - but - there's otherwise lucid people that actually believe the crap like it's white supremists dressed up to look like ANTIFA attacking these cities - secret "police" involved - BLM is all about civil rights ....

can't fix stupid
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links