How do you handle a low-rent mugger?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on How do you handle a low-rent mugger? within the Urban and Rural Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Well, if you're an aging yet handsome and charismatic knife grinder, then you dispose of the aggressor as cheaply as possible. This concept stems from ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: How do you handle a low-rent mugger?

Well, if you're an aging yet handsome and charismatic knife grinder, then you dispose of the aggressor as cheaply as possible.

This concept stems from a conversation I had with myself. I said, "Myself, why are toting a 200 dollar imported stiletto when the cops are going to take it for evidence?"

This question answered itself. Heck, much like you I'm salting away money to take Cricket to a fancy place, that is, if she ever returns.

I went to the "biker bone yard" and found a 13 dollar Gerber folder that wasn't being used. I'm refining the edge to one keener than a scalpel bevel. When finished, I will polish the edge to over 20 times finer than that same scalpel's cutting surface.

As you polishers will notice, I have set the stone arm for a very aggressive edge. Yeah, it will probably dull easier, but if this cheap knife saves my life the cops can keep it.

For you guys living on starvation wages, put away that priceless stiletto and ditch that gleaming (and expensive) automatic pistol. You have Gerbers and revolvers somewhere in your clutter. After all, are you trying to impress the mugger or kill him?

How do you handle a low-rent mugger?-dsc02999.jpg

How do you handle a low-rent mugger?-dsc03000.jpg
    bigwheel likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Hmmmm? How to handle a low-rent mugger?

First off, I STAY OUT THE DAMN MALL!

Situational Awareness goes a long way...
    SGG, Inor, 1skrewsloose and 7 others like this.

For a cheap knife it came out pretty good. It took a lot of "decorative polishing" since the first few passes left the surface foggy or cloudy.

But it's sharp...

Edit: I've been playing wit the thing for a bit now, and one of the things I checked was opening the knife with my left hand. This is the side where a section of the stainless grip becomes a locking mechanism when the blade is fully deployed. Sometimes a new knife just won't open smoothly, but then, you might need to use it in an emergency with your left hand while your dominant hand has been injured.

For a new stiff knife, the rotation was smooth and the lock-up tight.

How do you handle a low-rent mugger?-dsc03002.jpg
    Last edited by The Tourist; 11-18-2019 at 01:56 PM.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Of course the ole Bang Flop comes to mind. The cops can have my $300 Kahr.
    Inor, 1skrewsloose, Denton and 3 others like this.

SGG

Speaking of Kahr... it's been a long time since we've seen @sideKahr
    I really enjoyed his point of view on things
    Denton, Deebo, bigwheel and 1 others like this.

Seems he jumped off over a year ago, damn that guy was fun..
    bigwheel likes this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Ha, a low rent mugger is still a "dope hit away from killing me for my wallet", if you threaten me, or come at me with your hand inside your jacket, you are GONNA GET DRAWN ON, and it aint gonna be a damn knife. I carry a knife to open boxes, I carry my pistol to DEFEND MY LIFE.
    A knife....PSSSHHHHHH

Annie and Slippy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    For a cheap knife it came out pretty good. It took a lot of "decorative polishing" since the first few passes left the surface foggy or cloudy.

But it's sharp...

Edit: I've been playing wit the thing for a bit now, and one of the things I checked was opening the knife with my left hand. This is the side where a section of the stainless grip becomes a locking mechanism when the blade is fully deployed. Sometimes a new knife just won't open smoothly, but then, you might need to use it in an emergency with your left hand while your dominant hand has been injured.

For a new stiff knife, the rotation was smooth and the lock-up tight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03002.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	101437
    You know it is funny, I shoot with my right hand and use a knife with my left along with a fork and spoon.

I carry a Gerber folder in my left front pocket, use as a utility knife nothing more.

Now I have a knife that I made a LONG time ago,

hard as a bitch and was also to sharpen, made out of Air Die, otherwise known as D-2 @ 62 Rockwell "C" scale.

I sharpen the Gerber with a Hard Arkansas as needed, sometimes with a fine India first, good enough for what I do.

When I get the time, I will post pictures which I need to take, of the knife I need to polish.

Back to the gun, when I had to qualify for the PD I was on, shot the revolver with my right and loaded with my left.

I use to get screamed at by the state police instructor/qualifier for doing that, said I had to load with my right.

I told him to go to hell, I was not changing to suite him,

I could load twice as fast and back on target than those who were changing hands with the revolver.

He threatened to disqualify me for it, until he saw the target,

never said a thing again over the following years of qualifications.

Then we changed over to automatics, then everyone loaded with their left.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 11-19-2019 at 09:17 AM.
    Inor and Prepared One like this.

The Good Cop

When I reach in my back pocket for my wallet to give the mugger, out comes my Ruger LCP2 instead.
    It is nice and flat, fits back there just like a wallet, and cost me $229 + tax at my local Ace Hardware.

I do wear a fixed blade, 4" or 5", on my "weak" side. That is mainly to decoy any bad guys. And also would work if I'm too close for a reload.
    Stick it in his belly, and crank it around until intestines start coming out.

A Ka-Bar USMC Fighting Knife would be better, but it just gets in the way getting in and out of the truck.

I also carry a common pocket knife, and a 3" or 4" folder.

Once, a long time ago and far away, I was without a weapon of any kind in a very dangerous part of the world. I swore then that I would always have at least a knife on me at all times. I have, for 50 years now. At least a Buck 110.
    SOCOM42, Deebo, Inor and 1 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links