Perimeter protection
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Perimeter protection

This is a discussion on Perimeter protection within the Urban and Rural Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I don't know if this has been shown before. I thought it looked like a pretty decent product with an inexpensive price. If there was ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Perimeter protection

Perimeter protection

I don't know if this has been shown before.

I thought it looked like a pretty decent product with an inexpensive price.

If there was a time you wanted to set up a warning for people or animals coming into an area....makes sense.

Prepared One, Slippy and Elvis like this.
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

I believe the above to be effective but warning of severe legal liability. I would confine use in a severe SHTF fan situation.
    rice paddy daddy, Slippy and ekim like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

manufacture varies >>>> alllllllll kinds of complaints about faulty and total crap ...

in addition >>>> VERY illegal in a majority of the country - if it CAN fire a shell/cartridge - it's a weapon ....

look into kids toy pistol snap caps or packs of small fireworks - DIY and gives you the same results without the liability ....
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Every time I see one of these I recall the time a lard butt major in his starched and pressed fatigues came out looking for the company commander, . . .

We had one of these stretched at about jeep rear bumper height, . . .

Dufus would not get out of jeep and walk 35 yds up the slope to talk to us, . . . nahh, . . . drove up like he was Ike or something.

The old man wasn't there at the time and one of my sgts just gave him the bum's rush song and dance, . . .

He wasn't happy with his reception, . . . grumbled a few inaudible complaints or something, . . . ground a gear or two putting in reverse, . . .

Backed straight into the wire, . . . BOOM, . . . his eyeballs looked like Ocasio Cortez, . . . hit the gas and never came back.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

The Good Cop

Illegal in Florida.
    If you were to do something like this, and a person got injured, even if he was trespassing, you would be heavily charged.

At least one test case that I know of a man in Miami rigged a shotgun with a trip wire because his warehouse kept getting broken into. Burglar got shot, owner tried and convicted.
    And from what I just googled, Florida's stand your ground law, and castle doctrine there is no provision for using deadly force to protect property. You have to be in fear for your life or severe bodily injury to use deadly force in Florida.
    dwight55 and ekim like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I understand the concern for legality.

But....if the blanks or other non-lethal shells are used...no one is going to die.

If I decided a situation has presented itself where I wanted to be notified of someone or something breaching a perimeter, chances are I'm not going to concern myself over loading a noise-making blank charge.

I would not be using it because the neighbors dog occasionally comes into my yard. I would not be using it at a crowded state park camping area to warn me of drunken people stumbling into my campsite.

If I was "bugging out" and staying the night somewhere in stealth mode, I probably would make use of it as...at that point I'm not real concerned about legality....again, by loading blanks for noise.

The one I posted the video of gets pretty good reviews. And, like any other piece of equipment...if taken care of....should perform when needed. Plus, it's pretty inexpensive.
    Grinch2 likes this.
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Illegal in Florida. If you were to do something like this, and a person got injured, even if he was trespassing, you would be heavily charged.
    It's the same in Wisconsin. I remember my dad informing me of this and "trap guns" when I was a boy. Of course, now I live near the Madison area, and criminals can sue you for a cross-eyed stare. I should have moved to that Bo Gritz commune while it still existed.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    It's the same in Wisconsin. I remember my dad informing me of this and "trap guns" when I was a boy. Of course, now I live near the Madison area, and criminals can sue you for a cross-eyed stare. I should have moved to that Bo Gritz commune while it still existed.

booby traps - that means everything from a rigged gun to hanging fish hooks - are illegal >>> don't even need to hurt someone - they are considered terrorist weapons & tools ....

even in a WROL situation I wouldn't be setting deadly booby traps nilly willy - you kill someone's kid cutting across country to town - if the kid's relatives don't come for revenge - you'll be answering when the law & courts come back ....

alarms - yes ....
    ekim likes this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Illegal in Florida.
    If you were to do something like this, and a person got injured, even if he was trespassing, you would be heavily charged.

At least one test case that I know of a man in Miami rigged a shotgun with a trip wire because his warehouse kept getting broken into. Burglar got shot, owner tried and convicted.
    And from what I just googled, Florida's stand your ground law, and castle doctrine there is no provision for using deadly force to protect property. You have to be in fear for your life or severe bodily injury to use deadly force in Florida.
    Florida sounds like it really sucks donkeyballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    booby traps - that means everything from a rigged gun to hanging fish hooks - are illegal >>> don't even need to hurt someone - they are considered terrorist weapons & tools ....

even in a WROL situation I wouldn't be setting deadly booby traps nilly willy - you kill someone's kid cutting across country to town - if the kid's relatives don't come for revenge - you'll be answering when the law & courts come back ....

alarms - yes ....
    Stay off my lawn, no matter who you are!!
    Slippy likes this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links