Surviving in the city - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Surviving in the city

This is a discussion on Surviving in the city within the Urban and Rural Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Too bad comunity gardens do not work for you, folks. I have seen some pretty nices ones around here, even some schools have them (and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Surviving in the city

Too bad comunity gardens do not work for you, folks. I have seen some pretty nices ones around here, even some schools have them (and kids start their own gardens at home) Of course there are lazy people that do not help with anything and only take the produce away, but many people are interested in helping.
    Most of the unbuilt areas in my neighbourhood have something planted on it, like corn, beans, peanuts, sweet potatoes and so on.
    bigwheel and madmax9mm like this.

I can see where a community garden could be a good thing. Alot of my neighbors already have gardens. You can obviously pick a few of them to help out and get the systems in place. The thing that i think alot of people dont get is the difference between starving people in the city and starving people in the country is country people tend to be better marksmen. I live in st louis and if shtf hit tomorrow its gonna be -3 degrees. Helping people turn everyday items in to wood burning stoves may stop them from kicking my door down to get mine. People in the country are gonna have the same issues just at a slower rate. If you think otherwise your fooling yourself. A good portion of welfare recipients live in rural communities. Dont get me wrong im getting out of the city. I just need suggestions that may help me survive if i dont get out in time.

I fondly remember what the native negro population did to a nice suburb of St. Louis when they got themselves worked up over some lies...Ferguson, MO if memory serves. Anyway, it could be a hint of things to come post SHTF in The Gateway to the West!

(PS I wonder how Ted Drewes Concretes sell in -3 weather? )

Quote Originally Posted by Ant_dawg View Post
    I can see where a community garden could be a good thing. Alot of my neighbors already have gardens. You can obviously pick a few of them to help out and get the systems in place. The thing that i think alot of people dont get is the difference between starving people in the city and starving people in the country is country people tend to be better marksmen. I live in st louis and if shtf hit tomorrow its gonna be -3 degrees. Helping people turn everyday items in to wood burning stoves may stop them from kicking my door down to get mine. People in the country are gonna have the same issues just at a slower rate. If you think otherwise your fooling yourself. A good portion of welfare recipients live in rural communities. Dont get me wrong im getting out of the city. I just need suggestions that may help me survive if i dont get out in time.
    Last edited by Slippy; 01-29-2019 at 06:22 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

All good points. But number 1 you need away to keep what is yours. Without that you are just holding it for the hood rat that will take it. Arm your self and learn to use it ahead of time good luck in town.
    madmax9mm likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Where i grew up we thought the Ferguson kids were the rich kids. Ill take my chances with the guys that hold their hipoint pistols sideway instead of the guys that take 300-400 yard rifle shots. Ive grown up here my whole life. Most of that population has an extreme flight mentality. They are opportunist that always take the easy way. Im not that worried because i doubt most of them will survive the first month. I learned that if they are shooting at you stand still because you dont want to accidentally run into a bullet that was gonna miss you. Im kinda starting to think this is a toot your own horn club and most people see prepping as a hobbie. Other than the water suggestion i have only seen one solution. If you think you aren't gonna have problems with your neighbors your wrong. Whats easier showing your neighbors to survive or having a shoot out with then when they realize your the only one not starving? Have any of you even thought of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I fondly remember what the native negro population did to a nice suburb of St. Louis when they got themselves worked up over some lies...Ferguson, MO if memory serves. Anyway, it could be a hint of things to come post SHTF in The Gateway to the West! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/images/smilies/vs_whistle.gif[/IMG]

(PS I wonder how Ted Drewes Concretes sell in -3 weather? [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/images/smilies/vs_laugh.gif[/IMG])

Quote Originally Posted by Ant_dawg View Post

Was Ferguson not where that lady said "I need my weave" "Don't burn our S#$t, go out into the suburbs and burn they S%&t"? not very wise advice unless you want to see alot of dead people.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

@Yavanna, just keep preaching to our better angels. We need someone to keep us from looking at everyone as the enemy.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links