Gun Free Zones...I hate em! - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gun Free Zones...I hate em!

This is a discussion on Gun Free Zones...I hate em! within the Urban and Rural Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose Off subject, but when will these posts that read like books end? when I see a whole page of a single ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Gun Free Zones...I hate em!

  1. #31
    Member


    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Northern Arizona
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose View Post
    Off subject, but when will these posts that read like books end? when I see a whole page of a single post I pass on it. Dribble. jmho. Please be succinct. Thanks.
    Should I post something intelligent like "Nuh uh...nanny nanny boo boo"? Or do you want single syllables so you will understand it?

    So, no...thanks.
    ONLY THE INFERIOR STRIVE FOR EQUALITY

    IF YOU CAN'T BE SAFE...BE DANGEROUS

  2. #32
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,086
    Wow, in my area, if you "print" and a business owner or police officer sees it, he can ask you to leave. If you say, "Yes, sir" and walk directly to the exit, it's no crime, no foul.

    The problem is if you argue and get rowdy. Then you get arrested and lose your CCW license.

  3. #33
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Where you least expect it.
    Posts
    6,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken S LaTrans View Post
    The you have just proved my point. And there was no "demeaning tirade" it was a complete, point by point, answer to your fallacious assertions.

    Your failure to read it, then make yet another fallacious assertion is an admission that you don't know what you're talking about.

    It's actually funny (in that sad, pitiful way), because your post was emotional and reactionary filled with polemics and unfounded accusations and the "yeah but" and "nuh uh" argument, and of course with added colorful and fantasy situations that don't exist in LE yet you accuse me of a demeaning tirade.

    But you decided not to read an accurate answer because it would be uncomfortable for you to learn that you are wrong.

    That's right out of the SJW handbook. Good job. Your credibility: 0
    Man, you sure are full of yourself, aren't you?

    How can I give you an accurate answer to a post that had very little to do with what I was referring to? But let me explain it to you.















    Never mind. You........ are just not worth my time or the forum bandwidth.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    Hidden Content . Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    Member


    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Northern Arizona
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Man, you sure are full of yourself, aren't you?

    How can I give you an accurate answer to a post that had very little to do with what I was referring to? But let me explain it to you.















    Never mind. You........ are just not worth my time or the forum bandwidth.
    It had EVERYTHING to do with your assertions. It was a direct answer to YOUR post. There was no lack of specificity or equivocation. You CHOSE not to read it, yet decide what it was without doing so. Seriously, now you play the "I'm dunna take my mawbles and go pout" card. Yeah...I can see who's full of himself and not worth wasting time on. Good job kid.
    ONLY THE INFERIOR STRIVE FOR EQUALITY

    IF YOU CAN'T BE SAFE...BE DANGEROUS

  6. #35
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Posts
    4,216
    The socks are abundant. Which sock stinks the most?





    Sock #1 Bold







    Sock #2




    Sock #3
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

  7. #36
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Beautiful Four Corners, Farmington NM
    Posts
    4,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken S LaTrans View Post
    I have a hard time with this one, only insofar as I believe the rights of a property owner are just as sacred as the 2nd Amendment. I mean, we can't pick and choose. If I don't want you (speaking editorially) to carry a gun on MY property...then guess what...leave it in your car, or go somewhere else. On the other hand...I also believe in the absolute right to immediate and effective self defense, especially if the GUN FREE ZONE isn't going to otherwise guarantee your safety.

    What I also know:

    If you're gun is concealed, even half assed concealed, 99% of the smartphone addicted public will never notice it anyway. I have never been "made" carrying off duty, even in places with NO GUNS signs...of course my badge trumped the sign...but it illustrates the point. NO GUNS only means NO GUNS if you are made carrying. In Arizona, you are violating a policy, not breaking a law by entering a NO GUNS business. That's reality. Be low key and conceal that heater...and you have no problem.

    The second reality is that 99% of the officers dispatched to the MAN WITH A GUN call on that rare occasion that someone is actually made carrying a gun WANT you to just leave, and not get on a 2A soapbox, or refuse to leave so they MUST cite you for trespassing. That's it. You got caught being naughty, so remove yourself from the premises who essentially don't want your money anyway...and allow the officer a chance to be cool and part on good terms. Spend your dollars in more enlightened places with more common sense and who, at least tacitly, care about your safety.

    Even the so-called tacticool doods with all their tacticool dood gear on, walk around with their heads up their asses and their faces buried in their phones while their gun hangs out like a dildo at Disney Land...and only a small percentage of the people around them even notice it. Of course, these are the same doods who facetwit and instawhine about "situational awareness" and how they are "switched on" at Wal Mart.

    Cool. You do you. In fact, thanks for letting me know you have your Roscoe because if a shit show starts, I want to know which area you have "covered" so I can avoid your amateur hour shenanigans and YouTube training and handle business while you crab walk, and zig zag up and down the aisles. You can give me your "sitrep" after I am done.

    I would MUCH rather be assisted by the guy who is low key, and quiet about his gun, and visually "non tacticool". The difference in personality, based on personal and professional experience, tells me that generally the low key, quiet guy has his head and his ass wired together and is going to make good decisions in the middle of the shit show.

    I am all for citizens carrying, and full reciprocity. I also know that I was not special because of the job I had. I mean, no one knows better than I do that an officer can't be there when you need us unless we get REALLY lucky. Denying a citizen the right to immediate and effective means of self defense flies in the face of everything I believe in. People have been betrayed by any politician who claims otherwise. I think it's reprehensible that Killary Klintoon who has 24/7 armed security has the temerity to tell a single mom that her life and the lives of her children are worth less somehow than hers and that the single mom should be at the mercy of the whims of an attacker. It's more than reprehensible, it's tantamount to conspiracy to commit murder as far as I am concerned.

    But I also believe that you have to be smart about it. If you see a NO GUNS sign...decide whether or not you want to give them your money. If you do...then hide that blaster. No one but you needs to know you have it. SSSHHHHHHHHHHHH! It's a secret. Even while serving in the capacity of an officer, if I noticed someone carrying in a NO GUNS establishment...I would do exactly nothing about it. Why? They are violating a policy, not a law, and not to put too fine a point on it, it wasn't my job to be a tattletale for Waffle House and enforce corporate policies and interject myself into the business of John Smith while he's eating his breakfast.

    I know this is a long post...but...just conceal them damned roscoes and you won't have to worry about the little hipster shit behind the counter getting all SJW on you and making your day longer. Concealed means concealed.

    @
    I like you already...
    Donnie
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

  8. #37
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Central Ohio
    Posts
    3,833
    In Ohio, . . . violation of the CCW sticker can get you in hot doo-doo, . . . and CAN get your CCW yanked.

    THEREFORE if the sign is up and visible, . . . if I see it, . . . it's back to the jeep and stash it in a locked box. It protects my right for a future date.

    While I hate doing that, . . . it is a "playing the odds" thing whereby I assume I will not be the one assaulted HERE and TODAY.

    I do still have my totally and perfectly legal, . . . super sharp, . . . thumb assisted Kershaw, . . . and have never had any problems except in the ER of the local hospital. It goes in a bag there with a receipt in my hand until I get ready to leave, . . . BUT, . . . there is an armed LEO doing overwatch duties while I'm in there.

    Yes, . . . I have inadvertently carried places that were plackarded, . . . but if I can get around going there, . . . I don't go back.

    Good luck with your decisions, . . . I'm at peace with mine.

    May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

    If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

    If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  9. #38
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    255
    I call them “kill zones”.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    Suck it up buttercup.

  10. #39
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Where you least expect it.
    Posts
    6,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Notold63 View Post
    I call them “kill zones”.
    I call 'em "Target-rich zones".
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    Hidden Content . Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

  11. #40
    Member


    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Northern Arizona
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    In Ohio, . . . violation of the CCW sticker can get you in hot doo-doo, . . . and CAN get your CCW yanked.

    THEREFORE if the sign is up and visible, . . . if I see it, . . . it's back to the jeep and stash it in a locked box. It protects my right for a future date.

    While I hate doing that, . . . it is a "playing the odds" thing whereby I assume I will not be the one assaulted HERE and TODAY.

    I do still have my totally and perfectly legal, . . . super sharp, . . . thumb assisted Kershaw, . . . and have never had any problems except in the ER of the local hospital. It goes in a bag there with a receipt in my hand until I get ready to leave, . . . BUT, . . . there is an armed LEO doing overwatch duties while I'm in there.

    Yes, . . . I have inadvertently carried places that were plackarded, . . . but if I can get around going there, . . . I don't go back.

    Good luck with your decisions, . . . I'm at peace with mine.

    May God bless,
    Dwight
    In Arizona, all the sticker really does (provided it contains the correct verbiage) is reserve the right of the business/property owner (homeowners do NOT have to post a sign) to tell someone they have to leave specifying the NO GUN policy as the reason. BUT...ignoring the sign is not presumptive, so it is not an offense in and of itself. You must be informed, and told to leave, and then actively refuse to do so in order to have committed an offense.

    The reality is, most of the signs are up here because of insurance reasons and are not enforced anyway.
    Michael_Js and dwight55 like this.
    ONLY THE INFERIOR STRIVE FOR EQUALITY

    IF YOU CAN'T BE SAFE...BE DANGEROUS

 

 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-23-2016, 03:30 PM
  2. Gun Free Zones
    By Camel923 in forum Political News and Topics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-19-2016, 10:29 AM
  3. ‘Mothers Against Gun-Free Zones’
    By AquaHull in forum Political News and Topics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-02-2015, 01:55 PM
  4. Gun Free Zones
    By Gimble in forum General Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-09-2015, 08:32 PM
  5. Gun Free Zones in Seattle
    By bigdogbuc in forum News & Links
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Back to Top