"Zombie apocolypse would collapse after just one week" - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

"Zombie apocolypse would collapse after just one week"

This is a discussion on "Zombie apocolypse would collapse after just one week" within the UFO's, Zombies, 2012, Aliens, Mayan, End of the World, Apocalypse forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Arizona Infidel Then they wouldn't be on your side, wold they? You know, Good point. So would it be in your best ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: "Zombie apocolypse would collapse after just one week"

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Infidel View Post
    Then they wouldn't be on your side, wold they?
    You know,
    Good point. So would it be in your best interest to identify those who would do such things as a last resort and make sure it doesn't become their last resort?
    Let's use walking dead as an example. Who are the Ricks . Who are the Darryl's. Who are the Glenn's? Who are the governors? You got to know who you can trust and work with and who you can't.
    Don't leave the Merill's out! Remember, Merrill and Daryl were in the camp to begin with only to rob them, until their plans were interrupted. Nobody in the group knows that. :D

If your living in suburbia or inner city, your neighbors are seemingly gone for the duration, and probably for good. It seems awfully naive to think people shouldn't loot homes rather than starve, go without enough blankets or heat, pretty much suffer from any of the basic needs.

Who's going to be the first to claim they wouldn't?
    Arizona Infidel likes this.
    Reality: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    If these people are not prepared, they will be the worst of the zombie nation
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamppire View Post
    Totally agree!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    While listening in on conversation the last few months, I was surprised at the number of people who think it is a good plan to raid neighbors' houses for what they need.

I never listen to promises of rising to a higher level, but I always take note of threats to act at baser levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCheeseStick View Post
    Don't leave the Merill's out! Remember, Merrill and Daryl were in the camp to begin with only to rob them, until their plans were interrupted. Nobody in the group knows that. :D

If your living in suburbia or inner city, your neighbors are seemingly gone for the duration, and probably for good. It seems awfully naive to think people shouldn't loot homes rather than starve, go without enough blankets or heat, pretty much suffer from any of the basic needs.

Who's going to be the first to claim they wouldn't?
    That's my point. Darryl is one of those guys I'm talking about. Sheepdogs and wolves come from the same species. Not much separates some sheepdogs from wolves. But given a reason Darryl became a sheepdog.
    BigCheeseStick, Denton and Renec like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rickfromillinois View Post
    If my neighbors were gone and it was apparent that they would not be returning then yes, I would check out their houses for anything useful. I wouldn't attack them to get their stuff. The people I was taking about are those who will use the opportunity to hurt other people because they LIKE hurting other people.
    Any group of teens post shtf. How many teenage boys can anyone think of that HAVEN'T played games like Grand Theft Auto? Anybody having fun playing that game isn't far from trying the same crap in reality. Only the fear of prison is stopping them. Goal of the game? Rape, kill, steal, pillage, destroy property. It's been one of the top selling video games for what, TEN YEARS?
    wesley762, Meangreen and Renec like this.
    Reality: Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Living to close to Chicago for way too many years, I have seen the way children behave and grow up without morals. Then these children become teens, and finally adults. While I believe most preppers would be extreme cautious of teens and young adults, physiologists say children without supervision could easily become willy murderous thugs. They could lull you into a false sense of pity and then bang, you're dead. Read "Lord of the Flies".
    BigCheeseStick likes this.

I'd be Leary of any human PSHTF child or senior.
    I also didn't know they had gators in Georgia. Ive seen them in Fla and La but never in Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCheeseStick View Post
    Any group of teens post shtf. How many teenage boys can anyone think of that HAVEN'T played games like Grand Theft Auto? Anybody having fun playing that game isn't far from trying the same crap in reality. Only the fear of prison is stopping them. Goal of the game? Rape, kill, steal, pillage, destroy property. It's been one of the top selling video games for what, TEN YEARS?
    I think you hit this one on the Mark, Kids and teens without rules or laws are going to be seriously Dangerous. They are going to be 5 times more manipulative and not thinking twice about there actions.
    oldmurph58 and Renec like this.

Supporting Vendor

One look towards South Africa will give you a glimpse in to a zombie-filled future. 10 and 12 year olds with AK47s all trying to be the big man to impress the warlords that use them like fodder. Villages raided and atrocities committed unnecessarily. One of my main concerns in a total break down though is a local warlord/mis-guided militia who determines they are the best thing for the area. Kind of like The Governor, but worse.

There is also the faction of preppers who seem to only have a concern for stocking guns and bullets... makes you wonder what their plans are for food and water. Don't get me wrong here; I have my fair share of lead too. But you know who I mean... that's all they stock.

Has anyone here seen the movie, 'The Road'?
    "What do you eat?"
    "Anything we can find..."
    Meangreen, oldmurph58 and Renec like this.

Just to go back to the original topic... Animals are known to avoid tainted meat that can get them sick. So that could eliminate the wildlife threat for the zombies... Even though we shouldn't be wasting time talking about zombies, as much as I love it...
    Meangreen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PreppinNYC View Post
    Just to go back to the original topic... Animals are known to avoid tainted meat that can get them sick. So that could eliminate the wildlife threat for the zombies... Even though we shouldn't be wasting time talking about zombies, as much as I love it...
    Not to mention that there would be a constant replenishment of zombies as people wouldn't die all at once but slowly over time.

One thing I never see discussed is PSHTF births. I'm not talking about mothers who were preggos at the end, but children that are conceived PSHTF. Anytime a major city has a black out, 9mos later there is a spike in deliveries. What about people that start a family AFTER the end. What about people that get pregnant a year PSHTF when all of the medical supplies are depleted. Will we see more children having children in a PSHTF world? As people like us, born in the old world and tied to old ways die off, society will make a significant change.
    KG7NDC

The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links