What to include in your Zombie Apocalypse Kit?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on What to include in your Zombie Apocalypse Kit? within the UFO's, Zombies, 2012, Aliens, Mayan, End of the World, Apocalypse forums, part of the General Discussion category; Let's say there will be an apocalypse next week, what essentials are you going to pack in your kit and why?...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: What to include in your Zombie Apocalypse Kit?

Banned

Let's say there will be an apocalypse next week, what essentials are you going to pack in your kit and why?

If the knowledge is revealed next week, I'll know what to do.
    gambit, Michael_Js and deserth3 like this.

Like anything else meet the essentials: water, food, shelter, fire personal protection, medical, communications. Decide: bunkering in or bugging out?
    gambit, Grinch and Oddcaliber like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

One of those plastic masks that surgeons and coroners wear to protect themselves from blood splatter. I can't watch a zombie movie or the walking dead without seeing people dripping wet with blood as they recklessly kill zombies at point blank range. Then, they somehow manage not to become infected as zombie blood drips down into their eyes, nose, and mouth. Once, I saw two characters make out and then have sex without even attempting to wipe the zombie blood off of their faces. Please explain to me how a zombie's bite can infect you but their blood, saliva, and other bodily fluids/parts don't seem to have any affect on the good guys?
    gambit, cdell, cobra246 and 1 others like this.
    I don't pity any man who does hard work worth doing. I admire him. I pity the creature who does not work, at whichever end of the social scale he may regard himself as being. - Theodore Roosevelt

A copy of the zombie survival guide and maybe some playing cards.

Oh, and one of those cool Gerber axe things everyone kills zombies with.
    gambit likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jdjones3109 View Post
    Please explain to me how a zombie's bite can infect you but their blood, saliva, and other bodily fluids/parts don't seem to have any affect on the good guys?
    Zombies aren't real.
    I hope that helped to clear things up.

With a week to prepare, I'd amass a gigantic, I'm talking "city block" sized, bonfire.
    If Zeds are attracted to light and sound, give them something to seek out that also disintegrates them.
    Whatever didn't find the fire would need to be dealt with another way.
    If we're talking Romero/WWZ Zeds, then guns... lots of guns.
    If we're talking TWD Zeds, a few handguns and a katana should do it.
    I'd head for the coast, hop on the best boat I could find, and wait out the Apocalypse at sea.
    Zeds can't swim and would make excellent fish food. I wouldn't even need to chum the water before fishing. You're all invited to my perpetual barge fish fry. Coordinates to be sent later.
    Last edited by Kauboy; 01-22-2016 at 07:49 AM.
    gambit likes this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem"
    or
    "I prefer perilous liberty to peaceful servitude." - Thomas Jefferson

soon as I know we in a zombie apocalypse the graveyard to play the ultimate game of whack-a-mole

edit I figure ill just add this song for some sick twisted reason that I cant think off at the moment
    Last edited by gambit; 01-22-2016 at 07:47 AM.
    It happened before, it can happen again
    It happened there, it can happen here
    It happened to that person, it can happen to you
    no one is immune to the trials and tribulations of life

I don't worry about these...

Because we've planted a whole lot of these...
    Kauboy, gambit, Quip and 4 others like this.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    -- The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security --
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    I don't worry about these...

Because we've planted a whole lot of these...
    Careful, your defenses may not be enough!!!
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem"
    or
    "I prefer perilous liberty to peaceful servitude." - Thomas Jefferson

I have a different take on zombies than Kauboy:
    ZOMBIES
    From the Paraquack book of prepper wisdom:
    Zombie: [note upper case Z], a ghoul or reanimated human corpse. The term Zombie, an English word
    is first recorded in 1819 by Robert Southey, in the form of "zombi", a Brazilian word. However the
    Oxford English Dictionary gives the origin of the word as West African, and compares it to the Kongo
    words nzambi and zumbi. While Zombies are said to be created by African or Haitian witch doctors
    through the use of voodoo (in New Orleans pronounced with a hard letter o after the v) rituals and voodoo
    drugs, no true Zombie has been found or examined by Western medical science and therefore is
    considered part of folklore.

However the first re-animated dead were believed to have been from Africa. In Africa, a significant number
    of tribes believed that a person had in fact not one but two souls. A “big” soul which was that which made a
    person who he was, his intellect, memories, his essence. He also had a “small” soul which responsible for
    the animation of the body. Witch doctors were supposedly able to reunite the “small” soul with a dead body,
    thereby reanimating the body but were never able to reunite the “big” soul. Therefore the reanimated body
    was not the person he was in life. The Prepper need not worry about the Zombie of folklore unless a new
    unknown disease process comes about such as a mutated strain of Rabies or some other disease renders
    the human brain so damaged that the actions of the human act in such a way that they imitate the Zombie of
    folklore by trying to consume another non-infected living human being.

In the non-fictional reference for the modern Prepper, the zombie [note lower case z] is an analogous
    description of the unprepared [for a SHTF event] person who will wander the land looking for food and
    supplies to sustain them. These zombies will seek out the prepared (or Prepper) and attempt to take by any
    means necessary, including the killing of those Prepared to achieve their end, survival at any cost. The
    zombies most feared by Preppers should be considered a more dangerous adversary (to Preppers) than the
    Zombie of folklore due their ability to work together for their common goal and the fact that they can react
    with normal speed and muscular control unless severely undernourished.

While the Zombie of folklore can only be killed or destroyed by the destruction of the Zombie brain by
    gunshot, crushing or impact damage or penetrating injury to the skull inflicting mortal damage to the
    Zombie’s brain, the zombie of real concern to Preppers can be killed or mortally wounded in any of the
    normal manners. Extreme care must be exercised when approaching an obviously wounded zombie. The
    wounded zombie may play possum, possible exaggerating their wounds and pretend to no longer be
    dangerous to the Prepper. This is when a Prepper must be on heightened vigilance and treat a wounded
    zombie with all due caution as he would give a Zombie of folklore.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links