What is the DHS preparing for? - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What is the DHS preparing for?

This is a discussion on What is the DHS preparing for? within the UFO's, Zombies, 2012, Aliens, Mayan, End of the World, Apocalypse forums, part of the General Discussion category; They are already in control....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: What is the DHS preparing for?

They are already in control.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by James m View Post
    They are already in control.
    There was a discussion in the office during lunch, yesterday. As usual, it was political in nature. I was doing my best to stay out of it and play spider solitaire on my damnable Verizon tablet, but when I heard someone say, "As long as we have the second amendment we won't see tyranny."

When I heard that, I slammed the tablet to the desk, took off my reading glasses, and sternly stated, "Bull ****. Do you even have a clue as to the meaning of tyranny? As far as the founding fathers would be concerned, we are living under tyranny and arbitrary rule, today. Our present state has been a long time in the making, and due to the incremental increase of it, you don't even recognize what is right before your eyes. The second amendment doesn't have the ability to prevent the nation from being blind and ignorant, and it can do nothing in and of itself. The nation has elected the lesser of two evils for so long that evil is in total power and we are too stupid to realize we have been played. Now, how is the second amendment going to fix that?"

I then went back to playing spider solitaire. After all, I was talking to a room of people who have all been voting for evil.
    James m, Arklatex, SDF880 and 7 others like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Liberty Rules! Freedom is necessary! Rights are owned by the individual and if the government does not protect them then it is time to feed the tree of liberty!

dwight55, Denton, Arklatex and 2 others like this.
    Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can.
    Samuel Adams

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    His explanation *does* make sense. He researched it and found that it was not a purchase order, but an agreement to hold a price for the coming years up to a certain amount of rounds, if needed.
    Your reaction to this was based solely on the *ASSUMPTION* that the government is causing ammunition shortages due to massive bulk buying. You aren't presenting any evidence to support that claim, you're just using it as a rebuttal. That isn't much of a case, if you ask me.

Thanks for looking deeper into that for us Q!
    I did not make any assumptions. Millions of people believed the same thing I did.............that the federal government was involved in a massive ammo grab.

RPD had the best explanation I've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
    They NEVER buy the amount they reserve. They lock the price in for cheap ammo so if they need to buy it is available at that price.
    A couple of years ago congress got involved and told them they were buying too much ammo - because their voters were screaming bloody murder about the reserve purchase orders. The numbers released were well below what the purchase orders were asking to be held and congress dropped the issue.

The amount of ammo sold to the government - at all levels is less than 5% of the ammo manufactured. We, the people are buying and stock-piling ammo and it is causing a sudo-shortage. Combine that fact with the fact that over the last four years more people are buying guns for the first time and buying more than one gun and as much ammo as they can get - at ANY price and you can understand why there is less ammo on the shelves than ever before. CCI, who makes most of the 22 RF ammo is about six months behind and will catch up with demand in the next year. To do this they invested in a new line for the 22 ammo and another line for primers. They are now producing 3 times as much 22 RF ammo than ever before.
    The other lines are also running 24/7 and catching back up with demand. The ammo "shortage" will be gone in a year.
    Excellent explanation, Paul. Seems to make perfect sense to me. At least we know that the ammo shortage is due to private citizens stockpiling the ammo, and not the feds.

It would also make sense that there is still a shortage of .22 LR, since that is the cheapest ammo to buy, and therefore the cheapest to use for target practice.

I know that I simply can't afford to take my AK or my 30-30 to the rifle range very often, simply because of the COST of the ammo, especially the 30-30.

I like it that we have a more well-armed citizenry than before, and that these "new" gun owners are taking the hijacking of our freedoms so seriously.
    Arklatex and Slippy like this.

Preppers are buying up the 22lr

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Medic33 View Post
    gad durn it rancher now you spilled the secret now I can't just say I'm going to slippys to sit on the porch sip bourbon and shoot the breeze anymore.
    Not a problem we can go south of the border where there are no guns, we will have to drink tequila, is that OK?

Rancher

When i retire I'll get a job with DHS. I'll let you know what the real deal is.
    Denton and Slippy like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

How do we know we can trust you?

Quote Originally Posted by Riot View Post
    Last year purchase we were told it was for practice and training. However they bought hollow point. Why use the most expensive rounds for target shooting if it's a bulk purchase to save money? Not sure about you but I don't practice with expense hollow point rounds.
    OK, I have NEVER fired a ball round in my 23 years of wearing a badge

NEVER

You qual and practice with what you carry, not what is cheaper. Period. I burn a minimum of 1200 rds a year, all of it duty carry ammunition. And the lockers empty very quickly in qual months. Not mention duty ammo gets cycled out every qual as well.

Civil liability and ease of supply chain is the reason.

Way to many "experts" who dont know their butt from a hole in the ground post the very same thing every time this subject comes up.

And, again, read the contract, instead of the internet hype.

OH wait a minute, then you couldnt look like an uneducated troll..........
    Last edited by Quietsurvivalist; 08-01-2015 at 08:13 AM.
    MisterMills357 likes this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links