Update on wal mart closure - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Update on wal mart closure

This is a discussion on Update on wal mart closure within the UFO's, Zombies, 2012, Aliens, Mayan, End of the World, Apocalypse forums, part of the General Discussion category; If a certain of our local Wally's closed, there would be no place for the hispanics to hang out. That would be bad because the ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Update on wal mart closure

If a certain of our local Wally's closed, there would be no place for the hispanics to hang out. That would be bad because the next closest store to them is the one I use.
    Really, I wouldn't think the type of employees I see there would even know what 'union' means.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

If Walmart is avoiding employee unions or closing down due to possible bankruptcy, then why are the latest Walmart commercials talking about "Walmart creating new jobs"?

The last 3 fiscal years, Walmart's Net Income averaged about $16 Billion per year on an average revenue of about $480 Billion per year. They have 2.2 million full time employees and operate over 11,000 stores worldwide. Walmart is NOT going bankrupt anytime soon and even if they did they would reorganize under one of the bankruptcy laws and the consumer wouldn't notice a thing.

Walmart's recent Public Relations campaign is to spread some Feel Good BS that they are all about their employees; most likely a strategy to sway public opinion and attempt to stave off the unions. There may be some truth to the rumor that the stores that Walmart has recently closed were being targeted bu the unions so they sent a message, don't mess with WalMart.
    Last edited by Slippy; 06-11-2015 at 05:13 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

The closest Walmart is about 40 miles away, and the parking lot is used for drug deals, car jacking, purse snatching and other endeavors.
    We don't go there. In fact, I can not remember the last time I was at any Walmart. It has been years.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

RPD, they closed 5 or 6 stores in several states on the same day, for the same reason.

The store in Brandon let go 400 employees that day.

Word is that those employees can reapply for jobs when the store reopens.

We shop at Walmart 3-4 times a WEEK. We have plenty of other choices.........Target, K-Mart, Sears, Kohls, regional retailers, and every other big box retailer in our area of the country.

When I lived in Michigan and Ohio, I used to shop at the Meijer's stores, too, whenever they had some good advertised deals.

I think Walmart is awesome. We do all of our grocery buying there, and you simply can't beat their non-sale prices on just about ANYTHING.

I don't care that Walmart's floors aren't as shiny as Target's.
    I don't care that some of their employees have IQs hovering around room temperature.
    I don't care that some of the Walmart stores aren't as clean and organized as other retailers.
    I don't worry about how much the employees make per hour, or whether their health insurance is awful, or their work hours stink, or whatever other beef they have about their jobs.
    I don't care if their customer service stinks. I'm in a WALMART, not some New York City boutique.

I don't go to Walmart or any other retailer for the "ambience". I go there to SAVE MONEY.

Whatever retailer has the best prices and value, that's where we go.

I have been to many Walmarts in many different states, and I have NEVER seen or heard of ANY problems with drug deals, purse snatchings, car jackings, or any other violent acts. NEVER. Since I conceal carry, no worries from me!

I thoroughly enjoy going to Home Depot and Lowe's, too. Those two are "Toys R Us" for me. I have spent tens of thousand of dollars at both of those stores over the years, since I am a complete do-it-yourselfer. I prefer Home Depot over Lowe's, and between the two of them, I can find whatever tool or widget that I need.

The complete desperation of the labor unions is perfectly clear. Labor unions are like locusts. They swoop in to an industry, organize the employees, strong-arm companies into unsustainable and outrageously high wages for the employees, and eventually the companies have to layoff employees, cut back production, file for bankruptcy reorganization, or just close their doors forever.

Ask the tens of thousands of unemployed auto workers how well the United Auto Workers union worked out for them. Ask the forever-corrupt Teamsters Union members how things are for them.

Unionizing RETAIL workers and hamburger flippers just shows the DESPERATION of the labor unions in sustaining their organized crime enterprises.

PFT's post mostly made me smile!

Our local Walmart is pretty safe and Mrs S shops there often, me not so much. But I do enjoy swinging by Walmart prior to a storm and taking some pictures to send to my buddies of the local "talent". That always cracks me up!

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotFlamethrower View Post
    We shop at Walmart 3-4 times a WEEK. We have plenty of other choices.........Target, K-Mart, Sears, Kohls, regional retailers, and every other big box retailer in our area of the country.

When I lived in Michigan and Ohio, I used to shop at the Meijer's stores, too, whenever they had some good advertised deals.

I think Walmart is awesome. We do all of our grocery buying there, and you simply can't beat their non-sale prices on just about ANYTHING.

I don't care that Walmart's floors aren't as shiny as Target's.
    I don't care that some of their employees have IQs hovering around room temperature.
    I don't care that some of the Walmart stores aren't as clean and organized as other retailers.
    I don't worry about how much the employees make per hour, or whether their health insurance is awful, or their work hours stink, or whatever other beef they have about their jobs.
    I don't care if their customer service stinks. I'm in a WALMART, not some New York City boutique.

I don't go to Walmart or any other retailer for the "ambience". I go there to SAVE MONEY.

Whatever retailer has the best prices and value, that's where we go.

I have been to many Walmarts in many different states, and I have NEVER seen or heard of ANY problems with drug deals, purse snatchings, car jackings, or any other violent acts. NEVER. Since I conceal carry, no worries from me!

I thoroughly enjoy going to Home Depot and Lowe's, too. Those two are "Toys R Us" for me. I have spent tens of thousand of dollars at both of those stores over the years, since I am a complete do-it-yourselfer. I prefer Home Depot over Lowe's, and between the two of them, I can find whatever tool or widget that I need.

The complete desperation of the labor unions is perfectly clear. Labor unions are like locusts. They swoop in to an industry, organize the employees, strong-arm companies into unsustainable and outrageously high wages for the employees, and eventually the companies have to layoff employees, cut back production, file for bankruptcy reorganization, or just close their doors forever.

Ask the tens of thousands of unemployed auto workers how well the United Auto Workers union worked out for them. Ask the forever-corrupt Teamsters Union members how things are for them.

Unionizing RETAIL workers and hamburger flippers just shows the DESPERATION of the labor unions in sustaining their organized crime enterprises.
    Last edited by Slippy; 06-11-2015 at 07:25 AM.

they closed because they tried to get a union going in. walmart does not like union so they closed it to break up the union idea...

When Wally world moved into our lil town it only took a couple years for the small local owned businesses to shut down. The only survivors were the dollar store and the pharmacy. Now we all shop at Walmart because thats the only place to shop. That said; I also agree with PFT. I don't really have a problem with Walmart. And the idea of their employees unionizing is ridiculous. That is a stepping stone job as is fast food. If you made a career out of Walmart and didn't go management (heard some of them make decent $$) then you failed at life...
    PatriotFlamethrower and ekim like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arklatex View Post
    When Wally world moved into our lil town it only took a couple years for the small local owned businesses to shut down. The only survivors were the dollar store and the pharmacy. Now we all shop at Walmart because thats the only place to shop. That said; I also agree with PFT. I don't really have a problem with Walmart. And the idea of their employees unionizing is ridiculous. That is a stepping stone job as is fast food. If you made a career out of Walmart and didn't go management (heard some of them make decent $$) then you failed at life...
    Ark, you got it.

If your goal in life is to be a cashier at Walmart or a drive-thru jockey at McDonald's for 30-40 years, then you are a L-O-S-E-R.

If your goal is to provide some extra money for your family, on top of what your spouse makes on his/her job, then Walmart and McDonalds are good choices. No college degree required. No specialized skills required.

The retail business NEVER pays "living wages", unless, like Ark stated, you are in management.
    Slippy and Arklatex like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links