Best Zombie Weapon? - Page 7
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Best Zombie Weapon?

This is a discussion on Best Zombie Weapon? within the UFO's, Zombies, 2012, Aliens, Mayan, End of the World, Apocalypse forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by 8675309 S&W 617 and about 10,000 round of Aguila Colibri. ssssshhhhhh! BRILLIANT! Zombies MANDATE head shots! If your putting a bullet into ...

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 140
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Best Zombie Weapon?

  1. #61
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by 8675309 View Post
    S&W 617 and about 10,000 round of Aguila Colibri. ssssshhhhhh!
    BRILLIANT! Zombies MANDATE head shots! If your putting a bullet into a skull at less than 50 yards, it doesn't matter if it's a .22 pistol, or a cannon ball. You can carry what? 5,000 rounds of .22lr in any backpack. My choice was a Ruger MKIII "Hunter", but I'm jealous of the 617!

    What else could you possibly need!?! Except maybe THIS THING!
    Stanley Xtreme Fubar Functional Utility Bar-55-099 at The Home Depot



    I can clean several tools outta my tool box and replace em ALL with this thing. AND how handy will it be in ANY SHTF scenario?!?

    On my way to Home Depot in about 5 minutes to find one. Thanks Nathan!
    Last edited by BigCheeseStick; 08-14-2013 at 12:38 PM.
    oldmurph58 likes this.

  2. #62
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by RedbeardTheZombieHunter View Post
    Sounds like you've got yourself a keeper there! My wife and I are die-hard TWD on AMC fans and my BOV is a 1972 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 deuce bobbed down to a 4X4 with the M105 trailer bed and leaf springs. When I decided I wanted a bobbed deuce, I started doing tons of online research and watched about every deuce video I could find on youtube. Once I found the deuce I have now, I've done everything within my ability to make this into a "go-anywhere repair shop on wheels" kind of vehicle that would serve as a daily driver until the SHTF, in which case grab what I need and head for the BOL. Now that I own the truck of my dreams, I've learned so much more about how versatile these trucks really are!

    The 465LDT Multifuel Hypercycle (diesel) engine means that the old motor oil in the bottles behind the garages of about half the home owners in America is the best source of free fuel you can get for this beast. Just pour it through a strainer sock right into the fuel tank. The engine-mounted air compressor provides the air pressure needed for the brake assist, horns, and windshield wipers. I have quick-connect couplers in certain positions on the air system in my deuce where I can connect a hose and run air tools, or fill tires. The 24-volt electrical system can be used to weld steel using a pair of jumper cables, a pair of Vise-Grips, and some 6013 arc welding electrodes. I also carry an air-powered barrel pump that I can use to scavenge fuel, be it from barrels, oil pans in abandoned cars (it's an option in an emergency). I currently have 3 55-gallon plastic barrels that I'll use to carry spare fuel as well as 2 5-gallon jerry cans. Between those and the truck's own 50-gallon fuel tank, I can now carry 220 gallons of fuel which since I bobbed the truck and took it down to just about 9500 pounds and my last milage estimate was around 15 to 18 MPG, giving me a fuel/distance range of about 3300 miles before I have to take on fuel. In an actual SHTF situation, the city will be the worst place you can be and getting out along with your family, your ride, and your balls in tact will be of the highest importance so it makes sense to have a vehicle that can push most obstacles out of your way without too much time lost. If the SHTF event happens to be an EMP or large X-class CME, anything with electronic fuel injection or ignition just might turn out to be a lawn ornament. The mechanical injection pump in the deuce means no electronics or even electricity are needed to keep the engine running. The list of pros on these trucks are WAAAAAYYYYY bigger than the cons list! If you have any other questions, just shoot me a PM and I'll help with any info I can provide. :grin:

    I threw in a before and after set of my deuce so you can see the difference her diet made.
    YOU OWN A DEUCE AN A HALF IN SUBURBIA!?! You are officially KING of this forum!!! And would EASILY be the most awesome neighbor ever! :D Move here, I'll sell the Harley and get an M715 so we can REALLY p.o. everyone on the street! :D

    Part of my meager kit.
    Attachment 2369

    Attachment 2370

    I actually am old enough, and sensible enough to prep for real world threats. :D BUT, calling it Zombies IS just more fun! :D

    Original Canary Yellow paint didn't last to long.
    Attachment 2371
    Last edited by BigCheeseStick; 08-14-2013 at 02:38 PM.
    oldmurph58 likes this.

  3. #63
    Banned


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Right Behind You, No Really, Look
    Posts
    2,112
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCheeseStick View Post
    BRILLIANT! Zombies MANDATE head shots! If your putting a bullet into a skull at less than 50 yards, it doesn't matter if it's a .22 pistol, or a cannon ball. You can carry what? 5,000 rounds of .22lr in any backpack. My choice was a Ruger MKIII "Hunter", but I'm jealous of the 617!

    What else could you possibly need!?! Except maybe THIS THING!
    Stanley Xtreme Fubar Functional Utility Bar-55-099 at The Home Depot



    I can clean several tools outta my tool box and replace em ALL with this thing. AND how handy will it be in ANY SHTF scenario?!?

    On my way to Home Depot in about 5 minutes to find one. Thanks Nathan!
    I think I would have cut the "pry bar/nail puller" end off as well, maybe cut back at a reverse angle, open that hole up a bit and use it for jabbing.

    Just makes it awkward if you're swinging it, and knowing me, I'd wind up taking the side of my face off or puncturing a lung with what amounts to an overhanging chunk of metal. Think about it, grab it by the handle and you've probably got at least 4 to 5 inches of steel below your hand, at an inward angle, pointed right at you (if you're right handed). I just see bad things happening. Other than that, it's a bad ass utility/defensive/offensive tool.

    I love big thinkers.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #64
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,028
    Check this one out.

    Dead On Tools Annihilator 18 in. Wrecking and Utility Bar-AN18 at The Home Depot

    They had it at Home Depot to. Same price, and the bottom point is sharp enough they had a rubber protector over it. But I like the 90 degree angle "board twister" on the Stanley wrecking bar, and the Stanley is actually REALLY heavy for it's size! Where the Annihilator is more the weight you'd expect a normal hammer or pry bar that size to be. I still want to be able to use this for it's intended purpose if needed to.

  6. #65
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    SE WA.
    Posts
    6,086
    If zombies were real; If I had to fight them off; and IF I was out of ammo; I would rather have a lightweight twelve foot pike than a pry bar with a built in nail puller.
    Before it was modified it was a great tool - after modification it is good for fire rescue and not much else.




  7. #66
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    2,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Jim View Post
    I really love the USA, you guys can buy guns as easy as buying a soda pop..
    Here in Britain guns are practically banned and you can get arrested simply for saying the word "gun".
    Over here we'll have to defend ourselves against zombs by poking their eyes out with a stick..
    This is the reason why I try to avoid a watching British Zombie movies. No one ever has gun to fight them. Sorry mate, Im not tryng to put down England, but your gun laws do suck. Move here in the good 'ole US of A. As a legal resident here, you will be allowed to own weapons. you can't take them back to the UK but you will be allowed to have them here.

  8. #67
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
    If zombies were real; If I had to fight them off; and IF I was out of ammo; I would rather have a lightweight twelve foot pike than a pry bar with a built in nail puller.
    Before it was modified it was a great tool - after modification it is good for fire rescue and not much else.
    :D I bought it for the tool box in my truck. It'll allow me to take out a few other tools to be replaced with just this one. But, in case of "Zombie attack" or any REAL SHTF situation, having something this compact, shape, and with this much weight should prove VERY effective as a breaching tool. That, a nice big set of bolt cutters, and a lock pick kit may mean the difference between being able to get needed supplies, or becoming a statistic.

    If S has REALLY HTF. I couldn't care less if my getting supplies I need to live is going to be called "looting or burglary" later on by someone who's life wasn't in danger. Don't let it come as a surprised how UNpolitically correct people starving to death will become!

    Lock pick kits and such are easy to find online, and even easier to use with a little practice. And something I HIGHLY recommend for anyone prepping.

    I've got a 12ga breacher to, but odds are you don't want everyone in a mile radius to hear what your doing.
    Last edited by BigCheeseStick; 08-14-2013 at 06:49 PM.

  9. #68
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    SE WA.
    Posts
    6,086
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCheeseStick View Post
    :D I bought it for the tool box in my truck. It'll allow me to take out a few other tools to be replaced with just this one. But, in case of "Zombie attack" or any REAL SHTF situation, having something this compact, shape, and with this much weight should prove VERY effective as a breaching tool. That, a nice big set of bolt cutters, and a lock pick kit may mean the difference between being able to get needed supplies, or becoming a statistic.

    If S has REALLY HTF. I couldn't care less if my getting supplies I need to live is going to be called "looting or burglary" later on by someone who's life wasn't in danger. Don't let it come as a surprised how UNpolitically correct people starving to death will become!

    Lock pick kits and such are easy to find online, and even easier to use with a little practice. And something I HIGHLY recommend for anyone prepping.

    I've got a 12ga breacher to, but odds are you don't want everyone in a mile radius to hear what your doing.
    I have three lock pick sets and I have used them to open neighbors doors when they were locked out and help friends get into their cars when they have locked their keys in the car. They are easy to use when you know what you are doing but for a novice it will be way too time consuming. Most would be better served with a lead shot battering ram.




  10. #69
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by mhans827 View Post
    This is the reason why I try to avoid a watching British Zombie movies. No one ever has gun to fight them. Sorry mate, Im not tryng to put down England, but your gun laws do suck. Move here in the good 'ole US of A. As a legal resident here, you will be allowed to own weapons. you can't take them back to the UK but you will be allowed to have them here.
    Hey now, Shaun of the Dead was a CLASSIC! :D

  11. #70
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
    I have three lock pick sets and I have used them to open neighbors doors when they were locked out and help friends get into their cars when they have locked their keys in the car. They are easy to use when you know what you are doing but for a novice it will be way too time consuming. Most would be better served with a lead shot battering ram.
    After getting my fist kit I would practice with several old pad locks while watching tv in the evenings. My daughter saw me and wanted to try and picked it up in no time to. DOES TAKE PRACTICE. But like you mention, it can prove mighty handy on occasion even in normal daily life. Good tool / skill to have!
    PaulS likes this.

 

 
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

10 beat prepper weapons
,

best prepper forum

,
best prepper rifle
,
best prepper weapon
,
best prepper weapons
,
best weapon against zombies
,
best weapon for zombie apocalypse
,

best zombie weapons

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Back to Top