What SHTF scenario is mostly likely to happen in your opinion? - Page 9
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What SHTF scenario is mostly likely to happen in your opinion?

This is a discussion on What SHTF scenario is mostly likely to happen in your opinion? within the UFO's, Zombies, 2012, Aliens, Mayan, End of the World, Apocalypse forums, part of the General Discussion category; Katrina Gun Confiscation: These are just a few. There are a bunch of these....

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Thread: What SHTF scenario is mostly likely to happen in your opinion?

Katrina Gun Confiscation:

These are just a few. There are a bunch of these.
    Last edited by Diver; 12-05-2014 at 05:45 PM.
    Renec likes this.

Read the head lines it is already happening.
    NSA
    DHS
    IRS Take over of the education system
    Obama reducing our military to a social program
    Holder and Obama's attack on the justice system and Constitution
    Now they are making their move on local LE
    Seeing a pattern yet?

Depending on where you are, the most likely SHTF scenario is a natural disaster. I live in South Florida, so my most likely scenario, is a hurricane. I know this, because I've already lived it, a few times. Hurricanes Frances and Gene double whammy us, back to back. We were without power, gasoline, stores of any kind for 32 days. Yes, it's short term, but without proper perpetration, it sucks, big time.
    Diver and pheniox17 like this.
    Friends don't let friends own Glocks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I've been through a bunch of Hurricanes and I don't even live in FL, though I did have to evacuate from the Keys when on vacation once. The last one I was in was Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerhell View Post
    The most likely to happen, happened last summer to me, and because the area relies heavily on above ground electrical infrastructure, it will happen again and again.

A storm rolled in, and over 160,000 homes lost power, 40,000 people still without power 6 days after the storm.

In my situation, we were 36hrs without power because the downed line was only affecting 4 homes in a community that was generally pretty good. It really pissed me off, all the guys across the street had power, and I had a freezer that was thawing.

A big part of it was we were the only ones complaining, the other 3 homes suffering in silence.
    I've been without power nearly three years now. One adapts. No big deal. And no bills from TPC.
    TG and Wise Prepper like this.

Everybody ignores one of the worst disasters I can imagine - no CHOCOLATE!

Now in a more practical vein, there is something that has worried me a lot and I don't see much of any discussion on the subject - drugs in the post shtf world. And that brings up another aspect: whether we expect The SHTF to be worldwide or confined to the US. If it's just our country, there is the possibilty of bringing prescription stuff in from north or south. Or, considering the distribution issues, south AND north. But will they? Will other countries bother to distribute to the US when there won't be any chance of being paid in a 'hard' currency?

At the least, there will be someone who will decide to make big bucks running drugs in, but there will be a lot of corpses who wish he was quicker. We all know how difficult it will be to stockpile scrips, but no-one has yet come up with any great ideas on this.

I hope that we keep this topic fresh as we go forward. You never know when someone new may come up with the real answer.
    Last edited by thepeartree; 12-06-2014 at 10:34 AM.
    I wouldn't want to be part of any organization that would allow me to be a member.

In Memorium
    Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Quote Originally Posted by pheniox17 View Post
    We don't discuss this one often as the fall out is likely restricted to Asia...

But think about it as a cold war like the USA had in the 1960s... The scariest part to the equation is the location and nature of Afghanistan, and the lack of security of Pakistani nuclear weapons
    What worries me the most about an India/Pakistani nuclear confrontation is not either of those two countries, but the ones that support them. For instance, most all of the middle eastern countries (Iran, Syria, Saudia Arabia, Lebanon, Eygpt, Libya, Yemen, Bahrain) AND China are big supporters of Pakistan. If India were to retaliate against a Pakistan nuclear strike, China or Iran would probably send some of their nukes to India. That alone could trigger WWIII.
    bigwheel and pheniox17 like this.
    "Hit hard, hit fast, hit often" -- Adm William "Bull" Halsey

EMP
    Financial collapse
    Regional crop failure
    Hell, anyone can do that. Hold my beer and I'll show you

Quote Originally Posted by thepeartree View Post
    Everybody ignores one of the worst disasters I can imagine - no CHOCOLATE!

Now in a more practical vein, there is something that has worried me a lot and I don't see much of any discussion on the subject - drugs in the post shtf world. And that brings up another aspect: whether we expect The SHTF to be worldwide or confined to the US. If it's just our country, there is the possibilty of bringing prescription stuff in from north or south. Or, considering the distribution issues, south AND north. But will they? Will other countries bother to distribute to the US when there won't be any chance of being paid in a 'hard' currency?

At the least, there will be someone who will decide to make big bucks running drugs in, but there will be a lot of corpses who wish he was quicker. We all know how difficult it will be to stockpile scrips, but no-one has yet come up with any great ideas on this.

I hope that we keep this topic fresh as we go forward. You never know when someone new may come up with the real answer.
    We have been warned of a global chocolate shortage, the 2 largest exporting areas of cocoa, 1 has been hit with major natural disasters, the other is Ebola
    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Quote Originally Posted by DerBiermeister View Post
    What worries me the most about an India/Pakistani nuclear confrontation is not either of those two countries, but the ones that support them. For instance, most all of the middle eastern countries (Iran, Syria, Saudia Arabia, Lebanon, Eygpt, Libya, Yemen, Bahrain) AND China are big supporters of Pakistan. If India were to retaliate against a Pakistan nuclear strike, China or Iran would probably send some of their nukes to India. That alone could trigger WWIII.
    The us dod has reserved India as its primary battle field if China expands through Asia.... (India is the only country that can match population, but its typical of the dod not to look at population Democratic)

So some thoughts on this topic, pak and India engage in nuke war, backed as you say (and plausible) India is turned to a wasteland...

China uses the fall out to take holdings in Asia and move into the middle east (need land for relocation, nuke fall out and such)

There is no real stopping point left outside the sea we can use against China, but if (fantasy) China can control the oil ports in the middle east, she will almost have us by the balls (yes it only accounts for a small % of western oil now... But food for thought)

All it takes is a stray bomb into India from Pakistani air space... Very scary thought.....
    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links