What SHTF scenario is mostly likely to happen in your opinion? - Page 26
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What SHTF scenario is mostly likely to happen in your opinion?

This is a discussion on What SHTF scenario is mostly likely to happen in your opinion? within the UFO's, Zombies, 2012, Aliens, Mayan, End of the World, Apocalypse forums, part of the General Discussion category; $19 trillion!!! Just think about this for a second. Even if we could find our way to a modest $190 billion annual surplus it would ...

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Thread: What SHTF scenario is mostly likely to happen in your opinion?

$19 trillion!!! Just think about this for a second. Even if we could find our way to a modest $190 billion annual surplus it would take 100 years to pay the debt off in full. My grave fear is when interest rates finally start inching higher we won't be able to roll over our positions without getting dinged for higher debt service. It only takes small incremental interest rate bumps to cause the percentage of the budget to increase significantly. So, as fewer and fewer investors show interest in our debt it will become even more expensive for us to borrow more. It is a vicious circle that, I feel, can only result in hyperinflation.

Let's not forget about our unfunded liabilities: Estimated unfunded liabilities exceed $100 trillion between, Medicare, Social Security and the Prescription Drug Program. This type of budget imbalance can only result in bad things for all of us.
    Slippy, SDF880, A Watchman and 1 others like this.

Muzzy's start small killing Americans her and there , then they keep upping the game until all hell breaks lose. It will be a collection of events some brought on intentionally .
    Slippy likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by rjd25 View Post
    Just wondering if there is a consensus or trend on likely SHTF causes here. Post what you think could really bring the pain and why.
    In my opinion most likely major region or entire country SHTF scenario would be rolling blackouts on a level that makes the California blackouts look like a rehearsal.Why, obviously outdated grid & our enemies have shown plenty of will to do so.
    Nothing In The World Can Take The Place Of Persistence. Talent Will Not: Not is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: The world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence & Determination Alone Are Omnipotent.

My New YouTube Channel W/ Weekly Updates.
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

If I had joined and replied to this thread two years ago when it started, my answer would've been different. However, given today's reality, the most likely scenarios in my opinion are the following:

- Economic Collapse
    - EMP attack
    - Muslim infiltration through "refugees"
    - Martial law declared due to unrelenting civil unrest (which Obama is doing a great job of making happen)
    - Lastly, more far-fetched but not ruling it out, all out war and invasion by Russia/China/N.Korea.
    Slippy and A Watchman like this.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - 2nd Amendment, Constitution of the United States of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I've been preparing for the end of the world as we know it due to the DUMBASSIFICATION OF THE PEOPLE WHO INHABIT SAID WORLD.

Thanks
    I stand by my earlier prediction.

Banned

Natural or man made disaster here. Hurricane/chemical plant explosion.

People rioting.....I have that one covered. I hope a mob doesn't ever block the roadway and become threatening. Idiot vs car = ran over idiot.
    SGG and essdub like this.

In my case , Russia invading my country....
    Check Out My Survival Youtube Channel
    Hidden Content

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chemikle View Post
    In my case , Russia invading my country....
    That is a real possibility but until Russia's oil economy improves I'd suspect you're safe for a while.

Ok, there are so many possible scenarios that could be potentially hazardous, but one in particularly bad for the United States- a High altitude EMP. Lately I've been reading a lot of post apocalyptic fiction, and three main scenarios play out very well- infections (ZOMBIES!!cool!), ones regarding worldwide organic destruction (think no living plant life-at all! Cool premise), and of course HEMP, easily the most realistic and devastating. Then i began to truly research EMPs, because surely, we are protected to some degree, right? I mean, hell, I've had a faraday cage since 2011! So surely our esteemed government has taken care of the electric grid, right? Not so much.. In fact, DOD has some th hardened, Norad, began to work on their end of things last year (still not completed), but as far as the most critical of infrastructures? Not so much.. but then, who would be crazy enough to use an EMP on the US? North Korea, Iran, Syria, China.. and they are ALL capable..

I would say that he most likely SHTF scenario would be the collapse of structures government in the United States. It seems that the political climate is one of distrust and comedy versus anything that people can truly rally behind. As the country continues to ignore problems and instead be focused by media stories on non essential issues , there could very possible end us in a collapse of government due to revolt .
    Slippy likes this.

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links