combat boots vs hiking boots vs work boots
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on combat boots vs hiking boots vs work boots within the Survival Gear Reviews and Questions forums, part of the Survival Gear Reviews, Questions, Sell, Swap category; I have an old pair of desert combat boots from my jrotc days but they are beginning to fall apart, so im planning on getting ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: combat boots vs hiking boots vs work boots

I have an old pair of desert combat boots from my jrotc days but they are beginning to fall apart, so im planning on getting a new pair of good quality boots,but what is best combat boots, hiking boots, or work boots? Also does anyone recommend a specific brand?

Super Moderator

What exactly are you planning on doing with the boots? Are they to be used for combat or hiking or work. Either could work in any situation in a pinch but if you're asking which one is best overall it really depends on your needs.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Been wearing Bates Ultra Lights for the past 30 years most everyday. I dont think they can be beat. They are cool in the summer..warm in the winter and do not slip. the side zipper can make old folks get them on without having a heart attack from over exertion.
    https://www.amazon.com/Bates-Ultra-L.../dp/B00814TYAE

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I wear Lowa Renegades everyday at work, I wear them hiking. They are comfortable and have held up against a decent amount of abuse for about 1 year now and still good shape.
    bigwheel and MisterMills357 like this.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    What exactly are you planning on doing with the boots? Are they to be used for combat or hiking or work. Either could work in any situation in a pinch but if you're asking which one is best overall it really depends on your needs.
    For work, training, and outdoor yard work.

Super Moderator

So you are going to buy 3 different pairs?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

A lot of boots sold as combat boots are cheap copy junk. Becareful. Infantry you learn good boots worn properly. The military boots issued for middle east are pretty good and getting better. I have 3 new pair still left over and could wear them for anything from a Dinner ride with the wife to SHTF stand your ground.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I like KEEN hiking boots several models are at least assembled in the USA. They fit me well and give a lot of support to a heavy guy carrying a back pack. Combat boots no longer work for me without an insert/ arch support. Work boots - steel toe are good for a lot of things but I would not go hiking in them, it is what I wear ,with inserts ,every day.
    [1]Survival: Actions I need to do NOW to live another 5 minutes to 3 days.[2] Prepping: What I do to insure my family makes it thru an adverse event lasting 3 days to 3 months [3] Seeds and livestock: What you need for long term subsistence.

As said,depends on the activity. I've got work,hiking,combat,dress shoes and boots. They are for different things. And I'm not even close to Imelda Marcos!
    Boss Dog and Slippy like this.
    We have a four box system,the soap box,the ballet box,the jury box and the cartridge box!

Combat boots are for combat. Are you married?
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links