Berkey Bottle
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Berkey Bottle

This is a discussion on Berkey Bottle within the Survival Gear Reviews and Questions forums, part of the Survival Gear Reviews, Questions, Sell, Swap category; Does anyone have any experience with the Berkey Bottle??? I'm flying to India for a month later this week and have been contemplating investing in ...

Thread: Berkey Bottle

Berkey Bottle

Does anyone have any experience with the Berkey Bottle??? I'm flying to India for a month later this week and have been contemplating investing in one for water purification. Does it remove pathogens??? My gut is telling me that if it removes minerals, it should remove pathogens too, but I'm a "Trust but verify." kinda guy.

Thanks for the input.

I have used Berkey for years and would suggest them anytime, anywhere, for any purpose. they are the BOMB for water purification.

My IT buddy spent 7 months there working for IBM and said there was no problem with the water but he was staying in the "good" part of the country. I can find out the area he was working in if it helps.
    NRA Patron Member
    Platoon Sergent M1 Tank Company (retired)
    Montana sucks, tell your friends

We have the Big Berkey which is awesome (after the first few gallons - until then it does have chemical taste). Based on the company, I would trust their bottle filter although I would run at least 4-5 bottles through it before I went off to drink it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Montana Rancher View Post
    I have used Berkey for years and would suggest them anytime, anywhere, for any purpose. they are the BOMB for water purification.

My IT buddy spent 7 months there working for IBM and said there was no problem with the water but he was staying in the "good" part of the country. I can find out the area he was working in if it helps.
    I'll be working in Vijayawada in the Andhra Pradesh region. I'm anticipating that the hostel I'm staying at in the NRI facility. The website says there is a canteen, a mess hall, and a water filtration plant on site, but as the prepper in me says, "better safe than sorry."

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    We have the Big Berkey which is awesome (after the first few gallons - until then it does have chemical taste). Based on the company, I would trust their bottle filter although I would run at least 4-5 bottles through it before I went off to drink it.
    Thanks for the endorsement. I'm trying to decide between the Berkey Bottle and the Sawyer inline bottle system. They both appear pretty similar.

Sawyer is a good name too. I do not think you will go wrong with either.

Sponsored Links