Portable Solar Panels
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Portable Solar Panels

This is a discussion on Portable Solar Panels within the Survival Gear Reviews and Questions forums, part of the Survival Gear Reviews, Questions, Sell, Swap category; Anyone have any experience using some of the smaller and packable solar chargers ? Started looking into them with mixed reviews and not the easiest ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By jim-henscheli
  • 1 Post By weatherman

Thread: Portable Solar Panels

Portable Solar Panels

Anyone have any experience using some of the smaller and packable solar chargers ? Started looking into them with mixed reviews and not the easiest thing to put your hands on at a brick and mortar store.

A friend of mine has the goal Zero tri fold panels and loves them, no issues. I personally have a 100 watt west marine portable panel I have used only for charging a big 12 volt. But so dar love it.
    Michael_Js and Denton like this.

I bought this kit and used it to charge two 35 AH batteries for a sign for a church.

Sign is on all night, . . . it charges em back up the next day.

100W Off Grid Kit 100W 12V Solar Panel System for Camping Home Battery Charger | eBay

Totally happy with the kit, instructions, packaging, etc. Just be advised that it will come in two packages, maybe one today and one tomorrow like mine did. I was a bit worried till the second one showed up.

As light and durable as this is, . . . I could see me fixing it to the back of my backpack, . . . and using it to charge a small battery as I trekked along.

All in all, . . . I was very happy.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Last edited by dwight55; 08-08-2016 at 03:54 PM.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info I decided to try the Cobra 6000 may 2.1 amp. Got two of them which should keep the wife and kids charged up for a long weekend in the woods or on the beach somewhere. Will let ya'll know when I field test them.
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
    Thanks for the info I decided to try the Cobra 6000 may 2.1 amp. Got two of them which should keep the wife and kids charged up for a long weekend in the woods or on the beach somewhere. Will let ya'll know when I field test them.
    I look forward to your review!
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Glad I found this thread. Looking for something similar myself. There is almost too much information out there, takes a little while to assimilate it all.

I'm wanting to get something in the 100 watt range myself. I have one of those booster packs with the inverter built in. I like to use it some on camping trips (mostly to power my CPAP), and was looking for a good way to charge it during the day.

It has an 19 ah battery in it, and I have made provisions to easily attach an additional 19 ah battery to it in parallel for more capacity.

If I have some success in using and charging that, I plan on building a bigger solar generator to use around the house when the electricity is off.

Figuring out solar panels has been a completely new experience for me.

Sponsored Links