A quality hand crank radio
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on A quality hand crank radio within the Survival Gear Reviews and Questions forums, part of the Survival Gear Reviews, Questions, Sell, Swap category; Hey guys. I am really wanting to pick up one or two very high quality, durable/rugged and reliable hand crank radios. I have been reading ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: A quality hand crank radio

Hey guys. I am really wanting to pick up one or two very high quality, durable/rugged and reliable hand crank radios. I have been reading reviews online about MANY of them, and it seems they ALL have very mixed reviews. For pretty much any given brand/model, some people say they are great and others say they are garbage and unreliable or not durable.

I know reviews and opinions vary but I was hoping you guys could give me some sound advice. Thanks it advance!

Looking forward to hearing what others say. I have one but it sucks.

This is one of the two I have the Eton FR360R mines the American Red Cross edition, I also got the wall adapter to charge it up. This thing has been rained on, kicked, dropped, stepped on, and everything else and doesn't miss a beat. Flashlight is not awesome but it works the radio performs great, and itll charge your phone in a pinch. I highly recommend this...tho next time ill get the smaller version to save weight. Amazon.com: Etón American Red Cross ARCFR360R Solarlink Self-Powered Digital AM/FM/NOAA Radio with Solar Power, Flashlight and Cell Phone Charger (Red): Electronics

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Using the search function on this forum will reveal a lot of information on emergency/hand crank radios. For instance... https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/s...cy-radios.html
    waznyf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanEDCPhoto View Post
    This is one of the two I have the Eton FR360R mines the American Red Cross edition, I also got the wall adapter to charge it up. This thing has been rained on, kicked, dropped, stepped on, and everything else and doesn't miss a beat. Flashlight is not awesome but it works the radio performs great, and itll charge your phone in a pinch. I highly recommend this...tho next time ill get the smaller version to save weight. Amazon.com: Etón American Red Cross ARCFR360R Solarlink Self-Powered Digital AM/FM/NOAA Radio with Solar Power, Flashlight and Cell Phone Charger (Red): Electronics
    I have this radio too. It performs pretty well and that fact that it can charge other devices is a big bonus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanEDCPhoto View Post
    Each of the families in our group has one of them also. They seem kind of fragile to me but they work very well. I really do like the solar collector on the handle - I have had ours on for 12 hrs. while working outside and no outside source of power was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
    Using the search function on this forum will reveal a lot of information on emergency/hand crank radios. For instance... https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/s...cy-radios.html
    Hey J.T. thanks a lot. I will remember that
    Rise to the challenge. Embrace the suck.

Be ready. Be practical. Be humble.

ozo

Their products are high quality
    And their people are wonderful.
    I've known them over 15yrs.

CC Solar Observer AM/FM/Weather Emergency Radio w/ LED Flashlight - C. Crane Company (800) 522-8863
    Gallo Pazzesco likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ozo View Post

CC Solar Observer AM/FM/Weather Emergency Radio w/ LED Flashlight - C. Crane Company (800) 522-8863
    You can't beat'em - we have several, one has got to be twenty years old or older. They are all still working just fine. We've used them during power outages too many times to list. C. Crane is a good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by ozo View Post

Thanks a lot OZO! That is great to know! I will seriously look into a couple of them
    Rise to the challenge. Embrace the suck.

Be ready. Be practical. Be humble.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links