Fire starter
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Fire starter

This is a discussion on Fire starter within the Survival Gear Reviews and Questions forums, part of the Survival Gear Reviews, Questions, Sell, Swap category; Mini Inferno tender fire started Worth it?...

Thread: Fire starter

Fire starter

Mini Inferno tender fire started Worth it?

Re: Fire starter

I've seen these, and I think that Dave Cantaberry sells these on his website. They are supposed to be smokeless and odorless and quick and reliable. Mainly for military folks to be unnoticed with smoke/smell. Would be good on camping trips I would assume if thats what your wanting to use it for.

the only prob is thats not really cost effective for 1 or maybe a few fires, I know something light, simple to use, reliable. a magnifying glass of course it will only work on a sunny day but any type of fire stater will run out. this will work for years and 90% of the time this works all the time you can also look into transport fire in a box basically low burning wood charcol its a SAS special forces trick. the rest or the time I guess a woodbow we all need to learn that one regardless takes time but will work sunshine or not

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Steel wool and a battery. Just loosen up the steel wool and rub the positive post of a battery over it. You have a nice fire starter.
    Dried tree sap works good too. It is like starting a fire with gasoline.
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Banned

I have always been a big fan of cotton balls soaked in vasoline. They just kind of work. I have also been impressed by igniter packets for wood stoves and also 'fire ribbon' which can start wet wood on fire easily, it contains thermite and even takes a spark.

Sponsored Links