TYT TH-9800 quad band
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

TYT TH-9800 quad band

This is a discussion on TYT TH-9800 quad band within the Survival Gear Reviews and Questions forums, part of the Survival Gear Reviews, Questions, Sell, Swap category; Has anyone tried the TYT TH-9800 quad band mobile radio? It seems to have a lot to offer for under $200, but I am not ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By paraquack

Thread: TYT TH-9800 quad band

TYT TH-9800 quad band

Has anyone tried the TYT TH-9800 quad band mobile radio? It seems to have a lot to offer for under $200, but I am not sure on it's ability to deliver. Reviews online seem pretty mixed, from love to hate. I won't even ask on the ham radio groups where I am a member, many of my fellow licensed operators seem to be a judgmental persnickety bunch overall.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

Did you try e-ham reviews? I have one friend who has one. He thinks it's ok, once you get used to it. Best I can do for you.
    jimb1972 likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    Did you try e-ham reviews? I have one friend who has one. He thinks it's ok, once you get used to it. Best I can do for you.
    That's where I found the mixed reviews. Every little bit of info helps, I am hoping someone here has one. I really can't justify a $900 radio in a $500 vehicle, so this is what I am looking at.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

Sponsored Links